1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Tailoring] How am I supposed to complete a LBOD?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Miriandel, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Miriandel

Miriandel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Hi guys,
    I keep getting 1 large bulk order every 5 or 6 smalls, as does my wife on her account.
    Needless to say, we can't even think about completing a LBOD anytime this century!

What do I miss here? I'm stuck for 6 hours after getting a LBOD and if I don't turn small BODs in, to save them to complete LBODs, I'm stuck for 6 hours after each offer.
    What gives?

2. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You can buy 0.1 tailoring onto a non-tailor from any tailor npc. With such a low skill you can get a (junk-)bod every hour. With 5-7 chars per account that equals like 4-6 junk-bods every hour spend. All of those are plain cloth and only 4 different types in quantities of 10-20. You can fill those really easy and turn them in for a better bod on your main tailor. (It is what ppl refer to as 'bod-recycling'.)

3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

And, all BODs gotten by characters under 70 skill are smalls.

Frankly, Tailor LBODs are so rare (8% of pulls) that if you held all your BODs instead of turning them back in, you'd end up with 5-20 full sets of smalls before you ever get a large for that set. Most of the good reward sets, I have 4+ sets of smalls with no larges, and I've resorted to fill those armor (of all leather types) smalls in excess of the 4 sets, for more BODs, hoping for more larges.

4. Miriandel

Stratics Veteran

Ah, we've been very unlucky (or lucky depending at how you look at it) for getting so many LBODs in a row then.

Question: I just received a small for 20 excpetinnal spined leather leggings, should I fulfill that small BOD or keep it for when I get a spined LBOD?

Thanx to both of you for your answers, i'll try the 'alt-recycling' thing.

5. Serafi

Serafi Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Keep it. What most tailors/smiths do is to store the small ones they get that belongs to a lbod of good quality. Over time you will find that it will get easier to fill those lbods. So check out which lbods gives what kind of reward and decide what smalls you want to keep, and then fill and turn in the rest for more bods.

If you find you have problems storing these bods, you can also set up a vendor and store them there.

Oh, and bulk order deed books are your friend :)

6. Miriandel

Stratics Veteran

All right, I get it :)

My wife got a bronze runic hammer from turning in a small copper BOD though, it's quite strange tailoring bods only give junk while smithy can yield decent stuff with small bods.

I bought 0.1 tailoring on all my toons, BODs are rolling in! :danceb:

7. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Yeah, but Spined BODs are the tailor equivalent of Shadow Iron BODs, yet the 20 Exceptional 6-part LBODs (like the one that Spined leather leggings goes to) can give the tailor equivalent of Verite/valorite hammers.

it balances out.