1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How Annoying! Accusations!

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by AzSel, Nov 15, 2008.

1. AzSel

AzSel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

If you read this forum, you know who you are..I wont mention your name...but she was from Guild of Europa [G E]

Stop making stupid accusations of me dragging spawn on you, I do not do such things.
    If I Invis myself and you do not, that doesnt mean I deliberately try and get you killed.
    And if you are struggling and I dont help...that means I didnt see you having trouble or I simply didnt have time then and there to get you out of it. OR you could simply ask me for help cause I would gladly give it. Dont assume everyone in UO tries to make your day misserable, because it aint so. I would go through alot to make anyones day better, so getting this thrown in my face is lightly put...Annoying.

And if by chance I did accidently make YOUR day a bit worse by doing something less intelligent (highly unlikely) , let me assure you...it was Accidental...and apologies are in order.

This was written by Azhaal Rhu the bard.

2. Black Betty

Black Betty Guest

Sadly enough, this is what UO has come to. I get the same accusations and have seen others getting them as well simply because people are unable to properly adapt to changing situations with a LOT of spawn around.

Oh well.
    rolleyes:

3. AzSel

AzSel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Aye, I think you nailed it there.

Im a player of an UO Companion so that should also testify that this kind of behavior is not in my character. I know there is alot of people who actually do that sort of grief playing, but please dont everyone start judging people beforehand.

:(

An UO-Companion is http://town.uo.com/comp_faq.html

4. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

It's ok, we've all met nutters like that. In fact one I'll swear had a GM called on him for the abuse he gave me one one occasion. I try to stay on the peripheral of the event spawns and things because of the crazies, and pretend to run out of regs if one subsequently approaches me for a res. It's not worth getting frustrated about. The worst of the worst always come out for these things, I think this haloween released more than skeletons from the closet ;)

Wenchy

5. LadyNico

LadyNico Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Az, you big ole griefing, spawn-luring, trouble-maker, you... :D

Seriously though, just like you, if folks near me are unable to keep themselves alive, I'll do what I can to help.

When others prove themselves unable or unwilling to adapt to the spawn & surroundings, and *especially* when they start expecting I'm going to bail them out repeatedly, I figure a walk to the nearest healer might help them review their strategy...

:bowdown: Az

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Puts me in mind of someone who accused me of not rezing him so that I could steal the loot from his paragon. I told him:
    1 If I rez you next to a paragon it will rez-kill you
    2. I was concentrating on vetting my mare, because if she dies, I die and then who'll rez you?
    And the loot? was on the floor by his feet while he issued this accusation.

7. GreywolfUK

GreywolfUK Sage

Sadly this has been the case for many years, I have seen an increase in stupidity from some certain players recently, basically stupid or highly intelligent (hard to tell sometimes) people acting like spoiled selfish brats, only thinking of themselves, but takes all types I suppose, these days I just ignore it as best I can, its about all we can do and try to have fun :D

8. LadyNico

LadyNico Always Present

Isn't it interesting how often others project their own values onto those they encounter?

While it may sound harsh that I might not rez someone a 10th or 20th time, I am reminded of how much I actively reviewed & reconsidered my strategies on the very long walks (plural) from Terra Keep to the nearest healer in Papua. Plenty of time to form another plan of attack! :hahaha:

9. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

In Magincia yesterday, I was vetting the pets while they demolished a corporal. A certain player was running round like a headless chicken, dragging 10 tons of spawn around after him. Every now and then, as he went by, I'd throw a heal his way, if I could cast it in time. Then he managed to drop 6 mixed ranks and a number of corrupted souls on my poor pets, picked out his captain and buggered off, leaving my poor beasties to deal with the rest! I did find him after the CD dropped, and, to his eternal credit, he apologised when I'd done with my mini rant.

Strategy. It doesn't take an Einstein to work out that if you pile into a whole heap of nasties, you're going to be out of your depth in jig time. Go canny, pick 'em off from round the edges, one by one by one by one. It's not rocket science! I know the temptation is to go straight for the generals, but if you end up with a heap of other stuff beating on you too, you're not going to get the general, just a shroud. Take out the little stuff, then you can go all guns blazing on the big guys. I'll heal/invis/use the pets to rescue when I can. And if you can stand the eternal fizzling, I'll even res you - but don't expect me to let my pets die so you can live. As Petra said - they die, I die. I die, who's gonna res you then?

10. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

I usually die.
    If I have a heap of hungry beasties on my tail, and I notice I'm about to drag them to other people, I'll take another direction. More often than not, this leads me straight into another hoard of hungry beasties, and a dose of monochrome.
    But, the grey screen doesn't taste half as bad as the knowledge that I lured spawn onto someone.

If folk lure onto me, I might swear a little (*cough*) behind my keyboard. Then, I deal with it, in game.
    I'm not going to rage in game, because if it was an accident, then it was an accident. If it was intentional, then raging at the lurer is likely going to give them satisfaction.

11. Barney_wins_UO

Barney_wins_UO Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

If you dies an me am near an me invis near you its coz I want you ded. Nufink personal.

12. Nikodemus

Nikodemus Guest

Cant say i have any info on this but my guess is that the [ge] member that you refer 2 Probably just acted in a moment of anger.
    As for me i can say I dont agree with such a behaivor but showing feelings in game is not only a bad thing it makes the game a little more intresting and not all dull and grey.
    I have a hard time understand why ressing another player frustrates u #4 #5 even if it is for the 10th time i personally admire players that die 10 times just to take part of an event
    Events should be for evrybody not only the top players
    I guess it s hard for a player with 7 legendary chars 2 understand that a player with 1 char with max 70 in skill also want that arti
    Also i want to ask Cailleach #9 are u Beu guild leader of [saor] if u are i donno if u still remeber me i m Nikodemus[ge] u helped me alot in the past thx for that.

13. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Hi Nick, yes I am, and yes I do :) And no problem at all, it was a pleasure :)

I don't think anyone here would mind ressing the same person any amount of times - it's the dumping of spawn that's a problem. If you're dragging 10 tons of stuff behind you, don't run for other players, even if it means you die yourself. Better that than kill the person you are hoping to get a res off! It really is the headless chickens that cause problems at events, and they are often ones with good skills who should know better!

I have 3 leg chars out of 9 total - and only one of those, my archer, comes out for the event. The tamer I'm using has 86 taming, 110 vet, 115 lore, 95 music and 93 peace. She's jewelled up for the event, to control her animals and max her peacing or magery, depending what we're fighting at the time.

If anyone who has lower skills needs jewels, I'd be happy to dig through the guild chests for you - we have a pile of stuff there, which is there to be used, so get in touch. Ditto armour.

14. Black Betty

Black Betty Guest

While the majority of us (doesn't matter how many legendary characters we might have, mind you) do not have a problem rez'ing someone multiple times, it does get old. It makes it more difficult to take care of your own business while worrying about someone else. Yes, everyone has the right to take part, but why should I have to take away from my participation in an event to help someone over and over that is apparently unable to adapt? Rez'ing another is a courtesy, not an obligation.

Why is it my responsibility to enhance gameplay for someone else? Why do others expect it?

And what makes you think for one moment that those of us with legendary characters doesn't die 10 times at an event as well? I mean, really!rolleyes:

15. TerryFyde

TerryFyde Guest

My way of dealing with those that "bring" me spawn either accidently or otherwise has changed over the years. At the moment i thank them for saving me the trouble of collecting my own and ask them to fetch me more. ;)

16. Nikodemus

Nikodemus Guest

One may say u and other experience players cant adapt to spawn if u die alot at events
    But i m pretty shure that if u have to run of for 10 min to get a res evrytime u die that takes away alot more of your participationin in the event than ressing someone over and over again would do
    No one is obligated to do anything for anyone else in this game
    but facing the problems as a group instead of individuals have always worked good for me