1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How come

Discussion in 'UHall' started by dielock, Sep 19, 2009.

1. dielock

dielock Guest

How come I can unravel an Oak bow and not an ash?

I get on average 2 residues from an Oak bow made from a normal Fletching Tool. But when I make one out of ash it says there are no magic properties to unravel. WTF? Oak is a lessor wood than ash.

I had a friend try one as well and she got the same message.

Yet I read on Stratics that people are making them from ash and getting residue.

And please don't tell me to use runic tool. I am not wasting a 35 hit tool it is not worth it. If I can make them from a normal tool out of Oak, I should be able to make them out of Ash or higher.

2. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It is simple math my friend.

40 luck from oak is 40/100 or 40% intensity.

10%SSI out of possible 30% SSI is 33.3%

Your DI from Ex + Arms Lore = 40% which is 40/50 or 80%.

For Oak, add the 80 pts + 40pts = 120 pts.
    For ash it is 80 pts + 33pts = 113pts.

They must have set the threshold at like 115pts of intensity. Anything below doesn't unravel.

Oak works - ash does not. Make Oak.

99.0 Imbuing and still going.......

3. dielock

dielock Guest

That makes sense, thank you

4. pgcd

pgcd Guest

That actually makes a lot of sense and I couldn't figure it out myself, so thank you twice.

5. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I haven't tested it, but wouldn't the same math work for smithing exceptional weapons out of gold, if you have GM arms lore? Maybe tinkering too? (Can't remember if tinkered weapons get 40% DI from arms lore and luck bump too if made from gold.)

6. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

The exc. bokutos actually have 45DI with arms lore. There is a 5% bonus for oak.

7. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I don't think intensity has anything to do with unraveling. They simply don't want you to unravel plain crafted items. You can get a ring with 1 luck or a dagger with 5% damage increase and unravel it.

8. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

True. Sorry, math didn't include that. So that is 2 properties above normal GM.

If you notice - Yew, Blood and Frostwood unravels as well (Bows/Bokutos). Only Ash and Heartwood do not.

Anyways.... 101.4 and still going...but slowly...