1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How could this possibly happen?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Fortyniner, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Fortyniner

Fortyniner Guest

I log on this morning (about 6.45) in my shop in Luna. I am dead and my body is next to me, implying that I died not too long before. My beetle is alive, but untame, and missing its cargo. I had not been in combat, so I would have instalogged last night when I logged off, and there had been a server save before I logged on. Can anybody explain this?

2. Fortyniner

Fortyniner Guest

I think I may have the answer. What if I accidentally logged off when I was off my beetle. The beetle then went wild. When I logged on it killed me.

3. Thats the only explanation i can think of too, cos when your off your beetle and it has stuff in it, it doesnt log with you and it would of went wild not too long after then killed you when you logged back on :blushing:

4. kinney42

kinney42 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Would a beetle be able to kill you before your screen appeared? I don't think so. You would have seen it hit you a few times before it would have killed you, even with no armor on.

5. trammelite

trammelite Guest

a beetle loses it's cargo when it goes wild ? never new that !!

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

:blushing: yes, it can actually *coughs*

Not that I'd know from experience or anything :drool:

7. blerick

blerick Guest

I often play 2 accounts on 2 separate computers that screens are side by side. If I have a character on account A up and then log into a character on account B that is logged out in the same house. I will see the account B character pop up in the house on computer A 4 to 6 seconds before, he is shows on the computer B screen.

Apparently there is a 4 to 6 seconds localization time between the client and server, yet the character is already up on the server. So, if the beetle could have killed you in less than 4 seconds, it is possible you were killed before the client(your computer) shows that you are in UO.

8. Fortyniner

Fortyniner Guest

Yes that must have happened. When my wife recalls to my house I see her there before she sees herself there. The beetle could have killed my crafter pretty quickly. The first thing I saw was grey.

9. Kelline

Kelline Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

u can also use forensic eval on ur bones to c what killed it... if ur human u can do it, it just takes a bit