1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How do BRE spawn?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Lord Kotan, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Lord Kotan

Lord Kotan Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Do they only spawn if you have black rock in your bag?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Every time you swing a pick or scoop with a shovel a BRE has the chance to make an appearance.

3. Lord Kotan

Lord Kotan Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

even if you don't dig black rock? or is it everytime you get black rock?

4. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I would say, it is approx 1/3 to 1/2 of the time your digging out a blackrock piece that it comes along with a bre.

5. dialtone

dialtone Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Do you have to be GM Miner to get them? Will under GM get them?

6. Lilac Crypt

Lilac Crypt Guest

Blackrock elementals can and will spawn every time a GM miner takes a swing with a pick or shovel. (Least I think you have to be GM to spawn one.)

It has nothing to do with blackrock.. just time spent mining. Now if you DO dig one up, you'll be rewarded with a tiny bit of blackrock. Sometimes you'll get a lil bit of blackrock without the elemental spawning. Breathe a sigh of relief, and know that your next one won't be so easy.

It doesn't matter where you are, has nothing to do with what you carry. If you can mine there, you can spawn a black rock elemental.

And you will.

[​IMG]

7. zarobhr

zarobhr Guest

from what i unsterstand you can get a BRE at 95 and above

8. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor

I have three miners. Two are GM, the other is 99.0 skill.

The miner with 99.0 skill has never mined up a BRE. He also doesn't get gems since he's not GM. You have to be GM to get gems and small blackrock pieces.

Both the two GM miners dig up BRE all the time. Several per day sometimes. After each one there's always a small piece of blackrock in my pack. I mine up quite a bit of blackrock without spawning a BRE too.

9. Reinzeld

Reinzeld Seasoned Veteran

With my ~96 miner (using +5 gloves), I've received several pieces of blackrock, but have yet to see a BRE.

10. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor

Oh you will eventually.

11. Lilac Crypt

Lilac Crypt Guest

If you're getting blackrock bits.. you will be visited.

My general calculation is one Elemental, one freebie blackrock bit, prepare for next Blackrock elemental. But I'm working with a GM miner wearing gloves.

Let us know the ratio when they begin knocking on your miner's head.

[​IMG]

12. Reinzeld

Reinzeld Seasoned Veteran

Are you sure they will spawn if you don't have gm mining (real, not displayed)?

Still none for me, did a spot of mining yesterday as well, got another piece of blackrock. Btw--any reason I should save these? After the first two (I think), the rest have gone in the trash.

13. Lilac Crypt

Lilac Crypt Guest

Not sure at all, but merciful heavens, don't throw the blackrock bits away. Folks are selling them in Luna for 200k each.

If there is another turn-in, which was promised.. they might bring you some useful item.

Last time round, I got
    10 Taint
    10 Scourge
    10 Fire Rubies
    +30 ASH
    Eye of Travesty
    Grizzled Bones
    10 Corruption
    Sword of the Stampede
    10 Ecru Citrines
    Daimyo's Helm

That was when you could pick them up off the ground, or mine up big chunks in the blackrock elemental area. Now you actually have to survive the assault just to get the damned bits. We damnsure better get rewarded for our devotion to mining, cause those elementals make mining a lot more challenging.

[​IMG]

14. That's a little trick I've learned. Lock mining at 99.9 and use your +5 gloves. You will get gems, but you won't dig up blackrock elementals. However, I've never gotten any blackrock bits either. Usually just gems. So I'm guessing you need to be 100 mining in real skill to get anything blackrock related.

15. imported_JoO

imported_JoO Guest

<blockquote><hr>

That's a little trick I've learned. Lock mining at 99.9 and use your +5 gloves. You will get gems, but you won't dig up blackrock elementals. However, I've never gotten any blackrock bits either. Usually just gems. So I'm guessing you need to be 100 mining in real skill to get anything blackrock related.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think gm mining real or displayed will get you a buddy. Heres some research I did. And yes he pwned me. [​IMG]

[​IMG]