1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How do I change the hue of my "Topbar" ?

Discussion in 'UO Resources' started by KalVasTENKI, Apr 26, 2010.

1. KalVasTENKI

KalVasTENKI Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

How do I change the hue of my "Topbar" ( Underlined in bold red )

[​IMG]

Thanks!

2. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I believe that is a windows setting and since you are running Win7, but have to run the client in admin mode with the fancy windows interface turned off it defaults to a default window mode. You can probably change that default color by right-clicking on your desktop and choosing personalize. Then choose windows color and make your selection.

3. KalVasTENKI

Stratics Veteran

Hmm I tried messing around with my Windows settings but I can't get it to work.

Is there any way I can fix the "topbar" so it has the Windows 7 theme as well?

I just want it to have a dark hue.

4. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I will play around with it when I get home as far as changing the hue. It is my understanding that in order to run the Classic Client on a Win 7 machine is to disable some of the interface "coolness" that Win 7 applies. I don't know of any way to make the CC work properly and maintain the Win 7 enhancements while playing.

5. KalVasTENKI

Stratics Veteran

Thanks buddy I appreciate that!

I'm sure if the hue can be modified but I don't possess magic to do so :sad4:

6. RawHeadRex

RawHeadRex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

looks like a theme setting.

7. Guido_LS

Guido_LS Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

If you mean like this, right click on My Computer on your desktop (if you have an icon for it there) or go to

Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > System

from the start menu - bring up advanced system settings, click on the advanced tab, and under performance, click the settings button. Adjust for best performance - that will turn off all the rounded edges, etc, giving more of the classic XP look. You'll then want to go to personalization (right click on the main desktop screen, and choose the personalization option). Choose Windows Classic for your window color, and there you are. You'll end up with a screen looking very similar to the 2nd attachment, which looks very much like the original XP desktop, and, to a certain extent, the 98 desktop as well.

edit - add: yes, that is a Windows 7 x64 screenshot in both cases.

Attached Files: