1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Magery] How do I create this macro?

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Katrena, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Katrena

Katrena Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hi,

Using the targeting system with the classic client, I would like to use a function key to cast a spell on the monster I'm killing. How do I set this up so I do not have to click on the monsters health bar every time I cast?

Thanks, Katrena

2. You can set up a macro for "Last Target" in UO and press it right after you cast the spell.

There are probably more options, but I usually use UOAssist to set a Last Target key. If you press it prior to spell casting completion, you can queue last target and the spell fires at your last target when you're done casting. I don't know if you can do similar with the UO client at this time.

3. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I find it best to use the UOA last target, but set it as 'mouse wheel down' for last target, and mouse wheel up for target self.

I personally do not like to use the 'queue last target' feature mentioned above. It does more harm than good (in my experience).

4. icm420

icm420 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I also do not care for the 'queue target'... but I use my mouse wheel also for targetting. It seems very weird at first but now I don't even think about it.

5. Skelf

Skelf Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Re the above...would anyone like to comment on/explain the fact that there are two entirely separate targetting systems...

The target you set for "attacking" is different from the target you choose for skills (like anatomy) or items (like Explo potions or - very frustratingly, fukiya and shuriken).

I have yet to work out how to set targetting macros up in UO/UOA that will adequately address both these issues efficiently. Main goal is that I can target with both of these "categories" without having to use mouse cursor at any stage...since that severely impacts on PvP movement etc.

I currently use Target Next/Last Mobile on the wheel on my Nostromo, with Attack Selected Target on the wheel press. The mouse wheel is set to Attack Last Target on press - up and down are healing self/pet macros. Trouble is, I need to target ppl with a skill like Anatomy before fukiya and shuriken will fire off. Once set, these will fire off on the run which complements Moving Shot rather well.

Any suggestions ppl?

6. Janus69

Janus69 Guest

Hmmm never a whole lot of trouble using the main mousewheel for targeting.. I've got my nostromo wheel set to heal/cure/refresh pots, but I may try switching it around. Just came back after 4yrs away, and better do it now