1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

how do i find a legal free win 7 emulator

Discussion in 'UO Resources' started by bjornef, Mar 3, 2010.

1. bjornef

bjornef Guest

bean looking for one for some time now thx for any tips

2. Shamus Turlough

Shamus Turlough Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Any solution I can give you requires you have a copy of windows 7 already. If you do, the VMware workstation client or Microsoft Virtual PC will allow you to run windows 7 in a virtual instance inside another operating system.

3. RawHeadRex

RawHeadRex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

woot sun virtualbox, but yes need the disc either way.

4. bjornef

bjornef Guest

darn as i down loaded the game again from the net tryed to get a coppy from my friend but i am in thailand and its pritty hard to get coppys here as fare as i know of any tips?

5. bjornef

bjornef Guest

oki i tryed your solution and still cant log in getting the same list of problems

6. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Is there a reason why you specifically need windows 7, or are you just looking to upgrade your operating system and run windows software?

I'm just thinking that if you just want to run Windows software inside a modern operating system, the obvious free option is Linux. It's a change from Windows, but it is free and a lot of Windows software runs on Linux emulators like Wine. You can run Linux from a CD to see what it's like before you install it, and it can be installed onto a separate hard disk partition so you can boot either windows or linux. So that would be my suggestion.

If you need Windows 7 specifically, I guess the only option is to import a copy. But that's not going to be free. Unless you have a friend with a spare copy the only free ways to get Windows tend to be dodgy illegal ones :(

Wenchy

7. RawHeadRex

RawHeadRex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Yep.
    The 180 day trial of 7 is not available for download from Microsoft anymore from what I understand.

8. bjornef

bjornef Guest

thx i already have bean helpt in a other post so can lock this one now