1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How do I find my houses?

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by SugarMMM, Feb 16, 2015.

1. SugarMMM

SugarMMM Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Hi there.

When one of my long time buddies quit the game 10+ years ago they gave me 2 of their accounts because I love the game!

Anyways they told me that both of the accounts had 5 houses on Sonoma, 5 on Pacific, 5 on Atlantic, 5 on Lake Superior and 5 on Yamato and a bunch of random houses on other servers.

So my question is how do I find these houses? I know where 1 of them is on Sonoma because I have been there many times. I went thru every rune on every character on Sonoma and they either go to cities or dungeon entrances.

My main server is Sonoma.

Thanks in advance!

2. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

in short... you have alot of running to do.. and alot.of house signs to double click

Zynia likes this.
  3. SugarMMM

SugarMMM Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah that's what i'm afraid of.
    I guess i'll have to get started.....hehe

4. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Well, if they let their accounts go inactive and didn't pay for them, there's a good chance the houses fell.

5. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

If he gave you two accounts it would be two houses. 1 house per shard per account. You can also have an extra house on Siege but who cares about that?

Good luck

6. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable

Not necessarily - if he had grandfathered houses, he could have 5 on an account.

Have you considered asking them for rough ideas of where the houses are?

7. Lady Laurel

Lady Laurel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni LOST

If they are grandfathered houses, then they will all be old style, so at least you won't have to be checking house signs for any custom houses.
    Have you been paying for the accounts the entire 10 years? If not, then almost certainly they have fallen.
    I agree about asking your friend if he remembers anything about where any of them might be.
    I also don't remember when, but there was a period when grandfathered houses had to be manually refreshed, so if the accounts were given to you at this time or before, and noone was refreshing the houses, then they will probably have fallen. I lost my grandfathered houses that way. I would forget to refresh them all.

8. Angel of Sonoma

Angel of Sonoma Certifiable

Grandfathered houses can be customized.

Zynia likes this.
  9. Lady Laurel

Lady Laurel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni LOST

Hmm, my mistake. For some reason I remember trying and it telling me I would have to make my house primary, which would have made my others condemned. I apparently have a horrible memory, my apologies.

10. SugarMMM

SugarMMM Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the replies!

The accounts have never missed a monthly payment and if I remember correctly it was after they changed it from having to refresh the houses all the time. The one house that I know of the sign says grandfathered. Back in the day I asked him where some of the houses might be and he said all of the houses are either on the water or a couple screens from the water. He was a big fisherman and had many characters with some sort of fishing/fighting combo.

I just hope that there is a castle out there somewhere that I have been paying for all of this time! Hehe

I lost 18 houses on Yamato back in the day on my accounts when I refreshed the houses then they did a revert or something and lost them all!

11. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable

Well on the plus side, you only need to search Fel for the houses as that's the only place the grandfathered homes would be.

12. Percivalgoh

Stratics Veteran

maybe they have runes marked for the houses, I mean that would be normal?

13. SugarMMM

SugarMMM Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I went thru every rune on those accounts and they only go to cities or dungeon entrances.

I have runes to all of my houses on my other accounts and thought that was normal.

14. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

do all those runes go to where they say they do? I remember being told not to call a home rune 'home'.

15. Angel of Sonoma

Angel of Sonoma Certifiable

If I remember correctly, the housing changes came in 2 phases.

First, the devs implemented the '1 house per shard' edict. Then they ruled 1 house per account.

In between those implementations, grandfathered houses could be in either Trammel or Felucca.

When the dev team announced they were moving to the 'one house per account' rule I placed as many houses as I could on various shards. I ended up with 11 Fel houses and 2 Trammel houses on one account.

Kayhynn is right. Since you have 5 houses on a given shard, you should only need to search Fel for the houses. If you want to send me a PM with the character names I'll help you search Sonoma. I've just started doing trade deals and I am doing alot of running through the lands.

#15 Angel of Sonoma, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  16. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

So..you got these accounts 10 years ago and you're just now looking for the houses? o_O

If you need help searching I would be more then happy to help if you have all the character names that could possibly be on the house sign...running around looking at houses is fun anyway :)

17. SugarMMM

SugarMMM Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I checked them all and they all go to cities or dungeon entrances. Back in the day I also named my house runes "Trinsic Bank #1" and my Trinsic bank runes were all named "Home." Hehe

18. SugarMMM

SugarMMM Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Because i'm a slacker! :D
    I was busy with all of my other accounts and stuff in real life that I actually forgot about them.

Thank you Angel of Sonoma and Larisa for your offers to help find them! I am going to give it a shot and try to find them because I like the challenge!

I think the big challenge will be to find the houses on the other shards. It is really weird to think I have accounts that have houses all over that I don't know about. The good thing though is that the houses should only be in Felucca!

19. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Yeah it'll be like a scavenger hunt..that would be pretty awesome lol, good luck! :)

20. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah

just a question if you sold a grand fatherd house does it stay that way?

21. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable

No. Grandfathered ties to account allowing you to have multiple houses. If you sell/trade said house, then it just becomes a regular house.

22. SugarMMM

SugarMMM Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Well some good news! I found 3 houses this week!

The first 2 houses were in a little clearing within the big map view of the water and the 3rd one was right on the coast. I went thru all of the items in the houses and they each had a copy of the runebooks that the characters had on them that go to cities/dungeons. In the 3rd house there was a rune locked down that went to the clearing that the first 2 are in. Wish I would of found the 3rd house first! Hehe

The houses were all packed with SOS bottles and a bunch of fishing nets so I will be super busy in the future on SOS runs!

I still have a ton of land to cover but the search continues!

23. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah

great news!!

24. LadyElizabeth

LadyElizabeth Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

So at the end of your treasure hunt you found more treasures to hunt? :) Sounds like an exciting adventure to me!

Keith of Sonoma and Laina like this.
  25. SugarMMM

SugarMMM Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

More good news!
    I found another house on account "A" so now that account is up to 4 houses on Sonoma. I also found a house on account "B" so that is up to 1 for that account on Sonoma.

Both of the houses were totally full of SOS's and a runebook to cities/dungeon entrances! Woohoo!

Once I finish covering the whole map i'll go to the other shards and check the same places that I found houses on Sonoma.

Wish me luck!

Laina likes this.