1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How do I get black sandals these days?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Cruxshadow, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Cruxshadow

Cruxshadow Guest

Do I still need to kill weavers? Is there an easier way? Sorry, noob question. Any Help?

2. It Lives

It Lives Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Some AOS sandals can be dyed/ black..... you will have to buy them . The tailor reward sandals are not quite black.

3. Cruxshadow

Cruxshadow Guest

so aside from dying AOS dyable sandals (hard for me to get on siege) there is no way to get some true black sandals?

4. It has been years since I was black sandals hunting, the good old days :) Today with the tailor bods sandals you don't see a lot of just black sandal. I have seen some very dark ones from the Bods but not the dark black you see from the old days. As for getting them, today its rough as you have to be in an area where there is no guards. Can the NPCs call guards on you in the cities control by factions? I am not sure. I wish you luck in your search.

5. Cruxshadow

Cruxshadow Guest

my biggest concern is that most of the npcs now have yellow names (invul). and im guessin thats pretty much and end all on that front.

6. You don't have to do that anymore. If you have an alchemist and you don't mind running the Natruralist quest a few times until you get a black seed to grow. You can use the crafted stain from the black seed to dye any sandle you want,black.

If you play on the catskills server I can get you the black dye if you want.

7. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

except for AOS hued ones.

you cant dye those with natural dyes.

but the ones that are dyable you can.

so the fire, purple, blues and greens ya cant.

i tryed.

thought id mention it.

8. Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I stained a pair of boots with the new black stain, does it not work on sandles?

9. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

gold is the new black ;)

10. Techthys

Techthys Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I stained some old double blessed sandals purple, then white. So it works on OLD sandals at least. I expect it works on newer sandals, too, although I haven't tried it.

11. ^Wolfie^

^Wolfie^ Visitor

The new "stains", black color included, work just fine on old school sandals and new bod sandals.

12. Cruxshadow

Cruxshadow Guest

I stained some sandals black dye last night, so i know that works, but from what im reading here, the days of being able to acquire the true black sandals are gone? No other way but buying them from someone else?

13. Mistura

Mistura Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I'm 99% sure there must still be some way of getting the true black sandles without dying... I personally don't know where you get them these days but they must be out there somewhere.

14. olduofan

olduofan Guest

ya you can stain them black with new dyes i did 5 pair some blesses as well

15. Cruxshadow

Cruxshadow Guest

when you say stain the black do you mean the true BLACK or the dark gray dyed BLACK

Im tryin to find out if its still poissble to get the true BLACK like from the old weavers

16. The black natural dye does give you black. If you are on Siege check the Silverwood Gardens vendor at North Gilfane Market for black dye (white and other colors too). You get 5 uses per bottle.

17. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I have a chest full of them on Atlantic.

18. Cruxshadow

Cruxshadow Guest

got any on siege? if so hit me up, ill buy.

19. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I don't think so, I'll look, it's been forever since I've logged on Seige.

20. Wonton fooey

Wonton fooey Guest

I bought a pair of sandies off a vendor and dyed them White with plant stains. You can dye almost anything with the stains.

21. Malimus

Malimus Guest

He's not talking about the black you can get from plants. He talkin true black like the true black dye tub black. Pure Black

22. Wonton fooey

Wonton fooey Guest

Red mages used to drop pure black sandals. I used to farm them all the time back in the day. Do BODs not give black sandals? I thought they did.

23. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

God what a ridiculous thread.."you mean the black black, or the sort of black black, well no, not the black black old school black,but the black black kind of black"..you can't get them any more, you can still get them,I'm 99% sure you can still get them....you can't them...can you get them?...get what???

24. Wonton fooey

Wonton fooey Guest

Gah, Someone has a stick up their bum. If you don't like the thread then don't click the link to enter it.

25. altarego

altarego Guest

You forgot Shadow Dancer Black, which is sort of a bruised bluish black.

26. Mistura

Mistura Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Great contribution newb

27. Coffin

Coffin Guest

And if you have an LCD monitor, is anything truly black black old school black dye tub black black?

28. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

:postpics:

maybe the problem could be solved by posting pics of the different types of black sandals?!