1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How do I look at my guys?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by garthwayne2, Mar 10, 2008.

1. garthwayne2

garthwayne2 Guest

Played 7 or 8 years ago, sold my account. Checked 4 years ago and it was abandoned and starting playing again and eventually gave the account away. Had almost all my guys maxed out. Anyway, I see no one has played in over a year and a half and I still remember my password for some odd reason. I would have to go by the game again but is there a way to see what my guys are currently at statwise without buying the game first?

2. garthwayne2

garthwayne2 Guest

And by "like at", I mean "look at". I promise I'm not completely ********, just partially.

3. garthwayne2

garthwayne2 Guest

Anyone? Is this game even still going strong on Catskills?

4. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

And by "like at", I mean "look at". I promise I'm not completely ********, just partially.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pssst...there is an "edit" feature for existing posts...you can cover up a lot of evidence this way. [​IMG]

-Skylark

P.S. see...like this...and you have to log in to the game to look at your characters. They had a "return to Britannia" program to let people with existing accounts play for free for a few days, but that ended a good while ago.

5. garthwayne2

garthwayne2 Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Pssst...there is an "edit" feature for existing posts...you can cover up a lot of evidence this way. [​IMG]

-Skylark

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha thanks I'll edit it. Any idea on the answer to the question though? I want to start playing again but not if I have to start from scratch really... and I don't want to pay $20 for the game and $10 for a month or whatever it is to find out my guys aren't around anymore.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Ok you're taking back an account you gave away but your password still works?
    I *think* you can log onto MYUO here and see any characters on the account. I don't think the characters have to have been logged in recently to do so.

7. garthwayne2

garthwayne2 Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Ok you're taking back an account you gave away but your password still works?
    I *think* you can log onto MYUO here and see any characters on the account. I don't think the characters have to be logged in to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. I will check it out.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

MyUO only displays char data if the char has been logged in within the last 30 days I am pretty sure. And it won't show stats or exact skill ratings as far as I know.

-Skylark

9. garthwayne2

garthwayne2 Guest

Tried to login in to MyUO. Didn't work. Tried to create a new MyUO account. Didn't work. I can edit my account at ultimaonline.com and it shows all my old info, but I can't create nor access a former MyUO account. Anyone know if that means my guys are gone?

10. garthwayne2

garthwayne2 Guest

PS, the message I'm getting on both attempts is:

"

The following error occurred.

Account verification failed.

The MyUO username and password provided did not match our records. You may have typed your username or password incorrectly.

Remember, your MyUO username and password are not the same as your UO username and password.

If you haven’t created a MyUO account, please click here.

If you have created a MyUO account, but have forgotten the password, click here.

GO BACK

You may wish to correct the error and retry your submission."

11. Guest

Guest Guest

If you remember their names, yes, you can search for them. It doesn't give the full stats, but it does show what are the top three skills and show equipment.

edit:eek:ops, must have logged in within 30 days for that to work

12. Guest

Guest Guest

If your account is older you might need to add a prefix...some people mentioned this, but I am not sure what it is. Mine hasn't worked either.

Heh, I discovered that your My UO user name can be completely different than your account name. I logged into mine, but it does not give any more info than the char search...which means I don't think you will see anything if the char hasn't been logged on for more than 30 days (I can't confirm this using my own data, because I know I logged on all my characters for the Valentines Day gifts last month so they are all showing up).

-Skylark

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Unless someone deleted "your guys" (i gotta lol when you type that) they should still be there. EA hasn't done a character wipe in almost a decade.

14. garthwayne2

garthwayne2 Guest

<blockquote><hr>

If your account is older you might need to add a prefix...some people mentioned this, but I am not sure what it is. Mine hasn't worked either.

-Skylark

[/ QUOTE ]

That might be it. I wish I knew how to find what it was. Any idea how long ago you remember that being posted? I guess I could try to do a search on the forum...

15. Guest

Guest Guest

try
    uo_accountname
    or
    accountname_uo

16. garthwayne2

garthwayne2 Guest

<blockquote><hr>

try
    uo_accountname
    or
    accountname_uo

[/ QUOTE ]

NM.

17. garthwayne2

garthwayne2 Guest

Still getting the same message unfortunately.

18. Guest

Guest Guest

I always heard that the MyUO characters search will get rid of characters if they've been inactive for a certain amount of time (30, 60, or 90 days, if I recall and leaning towards 30). I think you need an active account (even if a free trial account) in order to access MyUO. I also think you get more information when looking at your own characters. But since you say your account has been closed for ~18 months then I doubt they will come up anyway. You could always tell somebody your character names &amp; what shard &amp; they could look to see if your characters are still in the MyUO database.

Unless the owner of the account deleted the characters then they should still be there (UO only erased characters one time nearly a decade ago, as said earlier).

Btw, they are not 'your' guys because you sold them even though you did not sell the account properly by going thru EA, heh.
    You can still access them but the truth is you gave your guys away when you sold the account.

You don't have to buy the game again as you can download it for free by checking out uo.com. You would have to pay to upgrade your access to new lands and items (as seen on the uo.com 'my account' information). But that would only be one purchase &amp; it wouldn't be necessary when starting out.

Anyways, good luck
    I suppose (I just have mixed feelings about you using something you already sold, that's all).

19. JoyousGard

JoyousGard Guest

Is there any UO support for trying to retrieve an old account?

I had an account 10 years ago and I bet my old college roommate took it and put it on his card and it is his, but if he didn't can I try to retrieve it using only the original credit card number and some PII?

Also, I thought I read somewhere that some accounts were deleted after a cleaning up of the system, is that right? OR accounts get deleted if they are inactive for 6 months. If that is true, then I lost that account.

20. garthwayne2

garthwayne2 Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I always heard that the MyUO characters search will get rid of characters if they've been inactive for a certain amount of time (30, 60, or 90 days, if I recall and leaning towards 30).

Unless the owner of the account deleted the characters then they should still be there (UO only erased characters one time nearly a decade ago, as said earlier).

Btw, they are not 'your' guys because you sold them even though you did not sell the account properly by going thru EA, heh.
    You can still access them but the truth is you gave your guys away when you sold the account.

You don't have to buy the game again as you can download it for free by checking out uo.com. You would have to pay to upgrade your access to new lands and items (as seen on the uo.com 'my account' information). But that would only be one purchase &amp; it wouldn't be necessary when starting out.

Anyways, good luck
    I suppose (I just have mixed feelings about you using something you already sold, that's all).

[/ QUOTE ]

Understand what you are saying, but the guy who I sold to was a buddy who is in jail for the next few years at least so I don't think he's going to be using them anytime soon.

21. Guest

Guest Guest

- Ahh, I got ya'.
    I updated my post a bit.
    Good luck.

22. garthwayne2

garthwayne2 Guest

Haha wow speak of the devil. I was thinking I might have an old copy of UO somewhere and I looked through an old dusty box that I put computer games in years ago. Found my UO: Renaissance disk in a cd carrier with a House of Pain cd. Wow. Had this thing forever.

23. Guest

Guest Guest

How cool. I love finding old things that spark memories.

I hope you find new things to enjoy in UO again, and hopefully your guys are still on the account.

24. garthwayne2

garthwayne2 Guest

All sorts of cool stuff in here. I forgot all about Carmageddon. Heroes of Might and Magic is in here.

Also found a "Second Age" disk. Which is newer between that and "Renaissance"?

25. Guest

Guest Guest

I know the regular character search dumps characters that haven't logged on in 30 days but I didn't know the MYUO did. I thought since it was tied to your account... oh well :/

26. Guest

Guest Guest

- I think you have it right.

I'm not positive but I thought you needed an active/paid account in order to access your MyUO personal character stuff (and even then they still don't show up in on uo.com, in a MyUO or regular character search, for up to a week, right)?
    I think that was the main hangup.

27. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

- I think you have it right.

I'm not positive but I thought you needed an active/paid account in order to access your MyUO personal character stuff (and even then they still don't show up in on uo.com, in a MyUO or regular character search, for up to a week, right)?
    I think that was the main hangup.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Maybe so. I don't know all the rules [​IMG] I just know all my characters are always there. haha

28. Guest

Guest Guest

- yup yup.
    [​IMG]

29. guess its a bit late to say this but you can download uo for free, i think uo.com has a link

30. I closed my UO account in like 2001 or something, and then wanted to look at the game again a year ago.

Even with my account deactivated, I was able to follow links off of the UO web site and log in with my username and password. You have to follow the right links tho. The eventual spot that let me log in was:

https://account.ea.com/reg/entry/subscribe-entry.jsp?ipath=3&amp;locale=en_US&amp;site=uo&amp;skin=uo

After you get in there, you can reactivate the subscription for the regular monthly fee. Also, if you recall and still have control of the email address associated with the account, you can get the password sent there with one of the links on that page.

Soon after reactivation, you should be able to log right into the game with the UO client and take a look at your chars.

It may be best to download the UO client installer instead of using one from an old CD. The patch process is not available for the most ancient versions of the client and in general, installing an older client version and letting it patch all the way up would be an unneccesarily long process.

All of my chars were gone (presumably deleted in some wipe of old chars), but yours sound newer than mine were so maybe they are still there.

31. Cygnas

Cygnas Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Haha wow speak of the devil. I was thinking I might have an old copy of UO somewhere and I looked through an old dusty box that I put computer games in years ago. Found my UO: Renaissance disk in a cd carrier with a House of Pain cd. Wow. Had this thing forever.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the UO CD-ROM you have is the one that was used to create the original account, it has a code on the back of the CD-ROM that is attached to the account. You can call the UO support line and re-activate the account under your name. But it has to be the original CD-ROM and have the account creation code on it. I did this with my CD-ROM from 1997 to reclaim my abandoned account.

By the way, this is one reason why it is not safe to buy an account from someone else.

32. Guest

Guest Guest

33. Easy solution!!!
    activate the account!!
    If the characters are there great if not its only 13 dollars, not the end of the world.

34. Justy

Justy Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Easy solution!!!
    activate the account!!
    If the characters are there great if not its only 13 dollars, not the end of the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, what's $13? Two fast food trips? A few beers at a bar? A movie? Just go activate the account and go have some fun for awhile. I see it as one month of fun as opposed to one night.

You may have some nifty rares sitting in your bank. Sell those and you could gear back up to today's standards. You don't want to go running around with all physical no elemental resists.

35. <blockquote><hr>

try
    uo_accountname
    or
    accountname_uo

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought they fixed that awhile ago ??
    i haven't had to enter the prefix in a long long time now on any account.

36. Guest

Guest Guest

For the poster that asked about old accounts. The Answer is no. I even tried this over the phone. I had moved, no longer had or even remembered the local e mail i was using. I had forgotten the password, and was pretty sure of the account name, but could not get it, as they only send the password to the e mail on file with the account.

Yea yea yea, i know all about wanting to keep accounts secure, but EA needs to change that policy. If you have all the other general info, that is a lot harder to steal than just a password, that sould be enough. It is Not.

My Example.

My real name
    My address on the account. then moved
    The bank i used, but not the account #. closed when i moved
    the e mail provider, but not the e mail log in name. closed/moved
    my contact phone #. Still works, but i am not there, moved

The above info is not enough if you moved years ago, and want to try to reactivate an old account. I think it should be. There are a lot of people who would like to come back, or reactivate accounts, but can't because of similar reasons. [​IMG]