1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How do i open my inventory using the EC?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Eric Ravenwind, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Eric Ravenwind

Stratics Veteran Gilfane

I clicked the backpack icon on top of my paperdoll, but the pack didn't open. what can I do?

2. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Click it twice?

3. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

I personally have my back pack always open in EC,

4. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I never close mine either but if it helps I believe Alt+i opens it .... i for "Inventory" just like in the CC.

5. Eric Ravenwind

Stratics Veteran Gilfane

I clicked it several times and it did not open.

I tried Alt+I, Ctrl+I, and Shift+I & nothing worked.

6. Gilmour

Gilmour Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

think just hitting I key should open it without modifiers, if you didnt select legacy keys. Otherwise there should be an option in menu bar to open it.

7. Yadd of Legends

Yadd of Legends Certifiable
    Campaign Supporter

Sometimes the backpack icon gets corrupted and won't work; then you have go clear the icon and drag a new one from "Actions - Menu Actions: into the hot bar slot, and the new one should work.
    The default for open inventory in EC is "i," unless it's been changed.
    You can see what actions are what assigned to what keys under "Options," which is under "User Settings" - but here's the screwy part
    User Settings is not a default icon on a hotbar. You have to go into "Actions" (which is a default icon) and then Menu Actions to find User Settings (looks like a wrench and screwdriver) and drag into a hot bar. Then you can open User Settings to check options

At least I've found this to be true on every character I've ever created in EC. Isn't that what everybody else sees? If so, it's a real oversight not making User Settings a default icon on the hot bar.

8. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Or.. it got somehow pulled off-screen and you can't see it. (also, and I'm not 100% sure, I don't think you have to hit alt in the EC just "i")

sibble likes this.
  9. Thrakkar

Thrakkar Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Default EC is just "I", without any modifier key.

If all that doesn't work, then most probably the gump opens outside of the bounds of your screen, where you just don't see it. (At least that's what I would assume).

10. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

If you are using Pinco's and you think it may have gone out of field I think Alt+R resets the stuff for you and somewhere in the commands is a thing that pretty much sends EVERYTHING to the upper left corner of your window. Had to use that once when I somehow got my health bar stuck off screen.

11. Yadd of Legends

Yadd of Legends Certifiable
    Campaign Supporter

Oh, now I see he's talking about the backpack icon on the paperdoll, should have read the post closer. I've never even tried to click that thing, always either just "i" or the backpack icon in the hot bar slot. But it still seemed the wider question was how to open the inventory at all, so all our posts still apply.

12. sibble

sibble Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend 151

It's probably off your screen, did you recently change screen resolutions?

13. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Britain [BRIT]

You can only open it at midnight during a dual new moon whilst hopping widdershins on your right foot and simultaneously rubbing your tummy and patting your head on the island in the middle of Justice Lake and also chanting all the words of power arranged in iambic pentameter backwards .

That should open your backpack...or turn everyone on your shard into rabid demon piglets. Good luck! :D