1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I switch from 3D to 2D?????

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lady Mystyka, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Lady Mystyka

Lady Mystyka Guest

Please help. A friend of mine downloaded UO for the first time and clicked 3D when it asked him which client and he HATES it and wants 2D graphics..
    Does ANYONE know how to reset that??
    Thank you kindly..
  2. Zodia

Zodia Guest

Go to this page:
    Mythic Entertainment | Ultima Online - Play the 14-Day Free Trial!

Select and Download the "Classic Client"... Install.

Seems you installed the "Enhanced Client"... the majority of players use the Classic Client.
  3. Lady Mystyka

Lady Mystyka Guest

So your saying there is NO way once you have the other in to get BACK TO 2d? you HAVE to totally uninstall and reinstall the other client?? Then why did they ask which he wanted to start with when he logged in a character..
  4. Zodia

Zodia Guest

There is no way to use the Classic Client unless you download it and install it.
    On the page I linked you to. That's the only way.
  5. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

You can have both at once. they don't write over each other or anything.
  6. Lady Mystyka

Lady Mystyka Guest

okay I'll tell him uninstall and reinstall that version.. thank you, I was hoping there was a easier way as it takes hours to patch.. bleh
    Thank you..
  7. olduofan

olduofan Guest

rotflmao :lol:
  8. TheGrimmOmen

TheGrimmOmen UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Sep 28, 2004
    LOL - Depends on your connection. I just did a complete re-install this evening and it wasn't to bad.

Good luck with the re-install.

9. Siteswap

Siteswap Visitor

May 17, 2009
    From the mouths of babes .... I think that says it all...
  10. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

no they can both exist on the same system. just have them d/l the CC and install. later if they wish to go back to the EC it will be on the system and just need patching up at worst.

I have both on my PC but play only the CC ... I think EC still has much to get done before it's anywhere acceptable to me. Mainly in the graphics arena.
  11. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Oct 21, 2008
  12. I'd install both if i where you, I use enhanced client with copper skin for crafting and looting (list view is very useful) and use classic client for everything else.
    enhanced client does grow on you , although it does take time - but once you have everything setup right it can be a good experience.
  13. Luvmylace

Luvmylace Sage
    Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008
    If you are using uoassist it comes up on the first page in the lower right corner ...settings
    If you have both types loaded you can switch