1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How do I take pics of my house in the game ?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Eros, May 28, 2010.

1. Eros

Eros Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I would like to take some pics of my house. Can anyone explain how I can do this. ty

2. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Whenever I take screen shots of something I use the Print Screen button on my keyboard. That will copy whatever your screen is displaying and put it on the clip board. You can then paste that image into your favorite editor program (I use MS paint for most stuff, unless I need to do some editing or want higher quality, then I use photoshop). Save the image in for format of choice, and repeat the process as often as necessary/desired.

3. falseprophet

falseprophet Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

and if you happen to be using SA client you can just hit printscreen button as many times as you want. it will save a shot for each time in the folder documents\eagames\ultima online stygian abyss\screenshots, which you can then edit each one as you see fit.

4. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

all of the above/ I especially like the EC very easy

5. Eros

Eros Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

The EC - what is that ?

6. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Enchanted Client, Better interface and larger game window than the 2d client.

7. Eros

Eros Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Plz explain to me how i can get this Enchanted Client. I have 2d client right now. But that client sounds like it may be a better client for me.

8. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

http://www.uoherald.com/downloads/

Choose the "Enhanced Beta Client." :).

9. Eros

Eros Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Thx for the info Yen Sid. LOL, now i am wondering if UOassist will work with the enhanced client. If anyone can let me know. That would be cool !

10. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

The EC client has alot of features that UOAssist has, So you shouldn't need to use UOAssist.

11. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

It won't. But the EC has almost everything that UOA can do. Give it a try for sure ;). It's the onlt client that I have used in 6+ months :). I never used UOA w/ 2D though so take that how you want lol.

12. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

UOA does not work work with anything besides the classic client.
    Personally, I still prefer the way UOA functions over the EC. I find making macro's 100 times easier.

But that's just me.

The one thing I will give the EC though, it makes taking screen shots of houses much easier because you can zoom in and out to the size you need. Makes less work having to splice images together down the road.

13. Eros

Eros Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I must have the classic client. But I think I will go with the EC client even though you cant use uoassist with it. For that is what I wish to do is take good screen shots of my house.

14. One thing you can't do with EC that 3rd-party-have-to0pay-for UOA does is record a macro as you perform actions. Other than that, making macros in EC is kind of a different mind set, and once you get used to it I find it easier.

One thing that the EC macros does MUCH better is repeating a macro, or actions within a macro. You can just click the repeat in the macro to repeat up to 10 times. But if you want to repeat an action a lot more than that, you can edit your character file, copy and paste the macro actions as many times as you want. THEN you can repeat that up to ten times. Try that with UOA; not so easy.

15. Eros

Eros Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I am patching the EC client now. But I am now wondering if my graphics card will support it. I have a GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 graphics card. Or will I need to upgrade to a better card ?

16. RawHeadRex

RawHeadRex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

to what degree and at what quality is the question, might not be able to run 'aero' in windows but should be ok with ec. wait isn't that the one with the onboard hdmi out on it ? should be fine.

17. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

18. Eros

Eros Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

19. Felonious Monk

Stratics Veteran

Hi Storm
    I enjoy the EC as well. However........
    I've had problems taking screenies and I'm not sure why.
    I went Docs/EA Games/UO Styg........... as you described and I didnt have a screenshot folder so I added one.
    I am also using copper 1.69 mod wich I love.
    Any ideas. Gott be an ez thing to once I know what it is.....

20. Lady Laurel

Lady Laurel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni LOST

I am running windows vista 64bit and here is the location of my screen shot folder

C:\Users\your computer user name\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\Screen Shot

21. FYI, The Screenshot folder doesn't exist until you take your first screenshot, then it is created. You can also reassign which key to use to take the screenshot, defined in the User Settings> Input and about 3/4 of the way down.

22. Felonious Monk

Stratics Veteran

Thanks for quick reply.
    I checked the path you posted. I changed the the name of the folder I created to screen shots.
    I spelled it as 1 word first time around. Everything is in its place and I cant capture a screen shot using the prtsrc key.
    Poop I say!
    Anyone else have a suggestion......
    I really don't want to reinstall.

23. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

For those who don't use the Enhanced Client or want to stitch together screenies to make a larger panoramic view, there is a sticky thread on the Homes & Castles forum on the general subject of creating game screenshots.

-Skylark

24. Felonious Monk

Stratics Veteran

I know this wont mean much to most of you.....
    I had forgotten that Ive replaced a few parts in this laptop. Hard Drive change may have changed some defaults I was used to.
    FN key and Prtscr Key are require to capture a screenie. Upon my doing so the folder Screen Shot folder created itself with a nice screen capture inside it.
    That's Enhanced Client with the Copper 1.69 mod.
    After digging around in the Paint help files.
    Paint isn't required it just helped me find my way.
    Cheers..........

25. ingsmsico

ingsmsico Visitor

correction: worse interface. you can't use ****** in it. so it sucks.

i'm not even kidding, the EC is bad. use the original client.

as far as taking snapshots I would use Windows 7 snipping tool (since its already included with Windows 7) http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/snipping-tool

or for WinXP, use UO Screenshot Utility. there's also a program that will take a shot when you bag a kill, but it's "unapproved" the reason it's "unapproved" is because it's a totally awesome feature, and those are not allowed in UO

26. ingsmsico

ingsmsico Visitor

the only advantage to using EC is that it is basically a speedhack, other than that it totally sucks.

personally, I consider the EC a cheat program. people using it can move faster than those who use the original client.

27. ingsmsico

ingsmsico Visitor

but the house doesn't look right in EC so that kind of defeats the purpose.

28. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Wow... 3 posts in a row of complete misinformation.

but the house doesn't look right in EC

Houses and the items in them look the exact same in EC as they do in 2d because they use the same graphics. Now if you're refering to the zoom feature distorting and pixelating everything, that's a problem with using the orignal graphics... they don't scale well.

the only advantage to using EC is that it is basically a speedhack

No, it's not.

I consider the EC a cheat program

It's an Official UO Client™, and thus BY DEFINITION, not a cheat program.

you can't use ****** in it.

If the censor stars refer to what I think it does, then that kind of puts a LOT of hypocracy in your stanents about the EC being a cheat program and being "anti-cheat".

29. ingsmsico

ingsmsico Visitor

ohh... this is somewhat funny... nice effort!!

nope. wrong.

no, they don't.

yes, it is. it allows some of the same types of movement that the 2D speedhacks do.

you seem to have mis-read my post. I said "I" consider it a cheat program.

actually, because it is against stratics TOS to mention the program, I censored it myself.

30. Metalstorm

Metalstorm Seasoned Veteran

Houses & items look the same to me in both clients.

KR on the other hand definitely had a different look.
    Some houses looked better in KR, some worse but there was absolutely a difference.

I ran two computers the other night. One was running classic and the other enhanced.

Standing outside my UO house, the only difference I could see was that I could see a whole lot more of it (and my surroundings) on the enhanced client.

31. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

Dont bother he is trolling

32. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

again trolling

33. Wrong Petunia. It would be easier to count the number of people that don't use UOA with 2D than it would be to count the number that do.

34. falseprophet

falseprophet Lore Master

I think I'm about the only one who doesn't use it. Ize too cheap :p