1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How do Scrolls of Alacrity work?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by imported_Eleanor Rigby, Apr 30, 2008.

1. I just used a scroll of alacrity on a char and didn't get a single gain. She is at 99.3 begging and her base skills are at 606, so still room to grow. However not a single gain in the 15 minutes the scroll was active. Seems like a waste of a scroll now [​IMG]

2. Guest

Guest Guest

stupid question, but the skill wasnt locked or turned down was it?

3. Nope, I double checked that. Maybe I should have used it at a lower level, instead of waiting.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Alas, this seems to happen when you use the scroll on skills at the upper end. I myself ate a Stealing scroll at 89 and didnt see a single gain.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Alas, this seems to happen when you use the scroll on skills at the upper end. I myself ate a Stealing scroll at 89 and didnt see a single gain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I've had the same results.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

It doesn't increase the number of gains, it increases how much you get when you DO gain.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Based on what I've observed/read, it appears the scrolls don't give you gains more often, they just increase the number of points you gain each time you go up (0.2-0.5 instead of 0.1). So at high skill, there is a real risk of not seeing a gain in the whole 15 minutes.

edit: oops ... too slow

8. JoyousGard

JoyousGard Guest

It all depends what your definition of 'Accelerated Gains' is. LOL What a joke.

Only value is for loser newb char with no skill. Go from 0-60 in 5.8

Make a new char and you can train begging to 60 in no time.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

You could've just waited until you could get your Guaranteed Gain in Begging, then ate the scroll, get your gain as soon as you succeeded on Begging, then logged out in a safe zone and log on again when you could get your Guaranteed Gain and get another 0.2 - 0.5 skillgain. The timer on the Scroll of Alacrity doesn't run down when you're logged out in your house or an inn.

10. Best time to use scroll is at 50 skill level, although I gain 5 points wrestling using a scroll at 97.8 skill level went to 103, just depends.

11. Thanks for the help everyone. I did misunderstand how they worked then.

Ah well - back to ggs and I'm almost there [​IMG]