1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How do they do that?

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Eslake, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Eslake

Eslake Guest

Was just re-marking a few spots that are now blocked due to events and things over the past couple of years...
    I'm using a public rune library to get around to some of the spots, and I realized - I never did find out how you can change the mouse-over color of a runebook or rune's name (or how they add hearts and things)

Anyone want to share the secret? :)

2. Reinzeld

Reinzeld Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If you're talking about the colors of the locations inside the runebook, I think using a runebook dye tub on the rune before putting it in the book will make the names match that color.

As for the hearts and things--that's done using the additional characters. You can hold alt and press number combinations to make a large number of icons similar to those. I have no idea what the numbers are, but I do remember seeing a post about it on this board in the last few weeks.

Edit--Curiousity got the best of me. Here is the link to the thread where I saw that.

3. Desperado_SE

Desperado_SE Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If your referring to the name of the book when you hover your pointer over it, that would be the old HTML tags that were being allowed to be used some years back. But due to some idiots scamming people and other idiots actually buying the rune books thinking they were leet, extreme, uber (whatever you want to call them) rares, the Dev's removed the ability to use HTML when naming books and houses.