1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How do you feel about faction artifacts?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Speedy Orkit, Dec 28, 2008.

?

How do you think faction items have worked so far on SP?

1. I feel faction arties have hurt SP.

34 vote(s)
    59.6%
  2. I like the items, it allows diversity in templates and allows me to play how I want.

16 vote(s)
    28.1%
  3. These items do not affect me in any way

7 vote(s)
    12.3%
  1. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Vote, and be heard.

2. MatrixCubed

MatrixCubed Guest

I asked why such a stupid, obviously imbalanced program was going to be introduced when it was first announced.

3. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

I agree with the arties what i disagree with is the concept of player bond, you should be able to loot and use ANYTHING from your opponents.

4. a ghoul

a ghoul Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

siege might as well be like prodo now imo
    sure we don't have insurance..but its way too easy to get these artifacts

5. Hef

Hef Guest

I think they definitely helped Siege since now gear is more balanced and fairly easy to get without costing millions of gps. Also makes certain spots fun to hunt and catch people farming silver. Def for the better imo.

6. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

I think everyone should be able to use the items faction or none.... like sprago said you kill someone they should be able to use that item... that way people who hate factions can still use different templtes like the faction people can......

But to be honest if they get rid of it i wouldn't really mind either.

7. a ghoul

a ghoul Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

how can you call that balanced..the faction arties are even better than the regular artifacts. The key word their faction, blows the whole 'balanced' theory out of whack. Last time I checked there was PLENTY of siegers who are not in factions..

8. Hef

Hef Guest

Its balanced in the sense that anyone can get them so certain people/guilds wont have an edge in gear when it comes to pvp. It balances the playing field. On prodo you need millions of gold to make a suit here with 100k silver basically you can be just as well equipped as the next guy. So in a sense the game is less gear based. Plus the option to play more interesting temps is a good thing too. But before these changes certain people were running around in full artie suits and most were in gm/runic suits. Now everyone can run equal suits and not have an advantage. Get it?

9. a ghoul

a ghoul Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

cursed artifacts was when it started going into the tank. Now this is worse, and once again man not everyone plays factions. These new enhanced artifacts have made the gap between the weak & strong bigger. For example if you're on a dexxer you need at least 60 hci to even stand a chance of hitting a factioneer opponent who is wearing the new items. This isn't balancing anything its making the game more like an easier verison of prodo one step at a time. So I really don't see how you can say its less gear based, it is now so more than ever!

10. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

Thats a FORM of insurance-welcome to a prodo shard...

UO died after AOS launch now there just pouring dirt on it...

But in all honesty whats gonna be truly funny is how many ppl vote, i wish you woulda made ppl votes visible so we can see how many NON SP'ers vote...i predict 100 votes...

11. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I think all arties should go away and we should fight in GM armor.

12. SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran

I agree, no artifacts, only runic armor and GM armor. I think it would be to much work for them to remove all barbed kits, runic hammers etc... but they could easily get rid of all the artifacts from the siege server...

Or them turn into tickets for rewards, decco, soulstones etc...

13. burdensrise

burdensrise Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I like the idea of faction items however I think it was done all wrong.

First of all. The low tier items are way to cheap for silver costs for quality of the items. For 15k Silver a mage can pull the best 3 low tier items with a 3MR 15LMC, 30DCI 12Spell dmg inc with nice resists.

Second, The charecter bind for example (Speedy Claxtons) faction items only usable by Speedy is a crap idea.

Raise the costs of the items remove the bind.

14. Monolith

Monolith Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

This is Siege......join factions. What I hated were the blues, especially blue tamers using guard zone. At least with factions, there is no safe haven.....the way Siege should be. Don't cry about faction items when your not in faction. You have that option to join and use the same faction items.

I don't really care whether we have or not have these faction items. But there are other things I think should be fixed before we start worrying about faction or faction items.

15. a ghoul

a ghoul Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Every guy that I play is in factions, so you can't pull that card on me. The fact is siege isn't supposed to be item based...so monolith do me a favor and tally up all the bonuses you get from your faction gear then come in here and post em ok.

16. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

This is how I feel about faction arties:

They let me play some cool templates, and let me diversify more. However, anyone who says "IF YOU DON'T LIKE SIEGE GO PLAY PRODO" is already wrong, this IS a production shard. The suit I run on production only has one extra mod that the one I run on SP doesn't: 100% lrc. Other than that is has 65DCI, 40LMC, 15SDI, all 65-85 resists, and 7MR. Almost exact to what I usually run on Speedy. That is production ladies and gentlemen, and it's on your shard.

17. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

They should completely do away with the faction arties in my opinion. It never made any sense to have these super enhanced major artifacts on Siege in the firstplace.
    Did anyone ever run a suit that had 14+ MR 60+ in both DCI/HCI with insane amounts of mana/hp/stam/int/dex/str bonuses??

18. SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran

I did but my suit was worth a crap load when i died =\ I had to be verrrry careful :)

19. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

I always ran 45dci/40lmc/2.6/15SDI/6MR... har.

20. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Hey I helped make them nasty suit's for you lol

21. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

Ha agreed. But what I think is important to point out: When I died, ANYONE could use the suit.

22. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

While I would like some interesting items to play with. (yeah, it is an item based game). I would rather see Crafters involved, but that is me.

The current faction artifact system is not right for Siege. *nods*

23. K'torr

K'torr Guest

I think they should work like Slayer Weapons. You only get the bonus when in combat with Factioners, otherwise acts like normal items.

Consumables (bandages/potions) should only work when player is in one of the Faction strongholds.

24. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Honstely I would rather see us all in gm gear but since that is not going to happen I think the faction items are great. I do not have the rank to wear the high end stuff, but I can put together a very good mage suit with the lower tier stuff. Farming with a known end game beats the hell out of farming for a loot drop crap shoot. I almost wish it was not a faction thing but rather somethign available to all member of the community. It has brought a bit of parity into factions imo.

25. Monolith

Monolith Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

The faction items should be allowed to be used by any faction.

26. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

You missed the point that faction items are only useable by the original buyer.

Not everyone plays factions. You are adding to the scam of "play factions because nothing else matters."

27. Monolith

Monolith Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I agree with you there.

I can't count that high:D

I can care less about whether faction items stay or leave.

28. Monolith

Monolith Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

See....this is where you and I differ. Siege should be a faction shard. Siege is a straight up PVP shard.

29. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

I can guarantee less than half of the Siege players are factioned. You came back and spoke too soon in the same breath. This may be a partly PvP shard.. but it may also be a shard where everyone hates seeing players in 10 year old EM gear that is constantly insured.

We all know what it means to be on Siege.. risk. But not everyone is here for constant PvP. Some of us have other ideas.

Take a few moments and think carefully about your ideas of this shard. I am glad a vet returns.. but don't think your old ideas are the only ones.

30. Monolith

Monolith Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Are you talking about the blue tamers that stands along guard zone and "all kill"???? Is this your idea of "other ideas"???

I think anyone who plays Siege and intends to use their char for PVP should be in factions.....even tamers. If they have certain skills related to combat or taming should be in factions.

Tell me what temp is not able to play on Siege without being in factions. Even farmers, mule chars, and etc are proned to be gank/attacked when farming. No different that being in factions except waiting out the stat.

It really doesn't matter what our opinion are. UO continues to change and there will always be some matter that the Siege community will be unhappy with to include myself. This game has changed so much from when tank mages with a hally used to be over powering. You could cast while carry a weapon doing 20 to 30 points damage with a hally.

I came to realize that UO will not be able to satisfy everyone, so we must just adapt and overcome and continue to play or quit.

31. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Thieves, crafters.. while you may have a low opinion of thieves the crafters are the lifeblood of the Siege economy (at least they used to be until faction arties came out).

If a person decides to PvP they should not be forced into factions by some artifact-bait such as they are now. It should be about the ideals that the faction was created under (Except SL, their warhorses are inferior).

This is supposedly an open-ended game, where you don't have to do X to be able to compete with Y.

Faction items are a curse upon us all. The people that enjoy them are the same ones that want 900 skill points. Sure it makes for a varied template, but doesn't do much to fix the issues as they are.

32. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

Surely we got more than 51 ppl on SP right?!?!?!Right?!!??!

Come on ppl man up and put those votes in atleast make it too 100 pls...

O Rly?

33. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Ummmm, it's the holiday break. There are going to be a lot few posters here until after New Year...la

34. Sunchicken

Sunchicken Guest

"Sure it makes for a varied template, but doesn't do much to fix the issues as they are."

There are by far more pressing issues that need to be resolved before ill even comment on faction armour.

So my vote is i like them for now...