1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Fishing] How do you get an Ancient SOS from an MIB?

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Tanivar, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

May 28, 2003
    I've never gotten an Ancient SOS in the past and have been trying for them the past couple of weeks. I've gotten 66 MIB's this quest without any being an Ancient one. 0/66 is certainly not the documented 'about 1/25. Are Ancient SOS's turned off while the booster is being worked on or is there a certain situation in which you need to open the bottle? Perhaps hicupping stone drunk at a moongate with both moons full overhead? :shots: :)
  2. Its random. The 1/25 is not a guarantee. Like you fish up 25 and you must get 1. It is just the average. Which means you could fish up 100 mibs and not get one.

Just keep trying, fishing is all random dumb luck and streakyness. You may fish up 5 mibs tomorrow and get 2 asos in them.
  3. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008

Keep opening them and you will find a few eventually.
  4. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Oct 24, 2005
    Very true :( The system has no memory and each opening of a mib has a 1/25 chance.

I find the ASOSs come in streaks for me, As with many things in UO.
  5. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jan 30, 2003
    It's streaky for me too. I normally don't get any, but when I do it's like 2 or 3 in the same batch.
  6. Just curious if anyone has found an Ancient SOS in the new treasure chests? I've found several regular SOS's, but none of them turned white. I assume it's possible but haven't heard if anyone has found one.
  7. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    There's been a couple people who have already reported ASOS from the MIBs in T-map chests, in other threads.
  8. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

Got one tonight.