1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How do you mine for gems?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Ciaran, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Ciaran

Ciaran Guest

How do you mine for gems now? I noticed on my shovel it tells me when I select mine for ore and gems that I have not learned how to mine for gems or I do not have enough skill? I am using mining gloves to be at gm but still not able to... Could someone please help?

2. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

There is a book for sale from the blacksmiths in Ter Mur that you have to read (similar to gaining the ability to mine stone)

3. deke

deke Guest

The gems the shovel mentions are of the small, normal variety like the kind you find on monsters or at a jeweler. If you could mine ML gems before, you can still mine them without having to buy the book for 10,000+ gp.

4. Ciaran

Ciaran Guest

Cool Thanks you guys!

5. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

How exactly do you "read" the book? Do you have to simply open it up once? Or do you need to flip through the pages? I have a budding miner (80 mining ATM) and want to add this capability to him.

-OBSIDIAN-

6. jaraxlebaenrae

jaraxlebaenrae Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

you gotta download it into a pdf......:thumbup:

7. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

click the shovel, then click the spot you wish to mine? :eyes:

8. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

You read it by double-clicking. If you've never used one of these before, there are three gargoyle books miners can read:

mining for gems: Ter Mur blacksmith
    mining for stone: Ter Mur or Ver Lor Reg (Ilshenar) stone crafters
    mining for quality sand: Ver Lor Reg (Ilshenar) alchemists

9. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Thanks! No, I've never read any of these books before. I'm just getting my first miner/smith and future artificer going.

I know you have to be GM mining to get the special ML gems. Will I start digging up the regular ones immediately after reading the book while at my current skill (80 mining)?

-OBSIDIAN-

10. Ni-

Ni- Guest

You need to be GM Mining to read the books/mine for small gems/stone/sand.