1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How do you reset the pumpkin fields?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Pawain, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Pawain

Pawain Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

There are a couple with the pumkins off the plowed area. How long till they get new pumkins?

Do the pumpkins need removed to make them reset?

Thanks

2. Zym Dragon

Zym Dragon Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

The pumpkins need to be moved off the subserver or trashed to reset the spawn, assuming it works like it has in the past.

3. kittykat

kittykat Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

a horde minion works well - you just poof him after he's picked up 400 stone worth of pumpkins (and at least on test they worked like previous years - you remove the pumpkins and more spawn)

4. Mark Trail

Mark Trail Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I bought a batch of pouches, filled them up, and recalled far away to drop them. Got 5 carved pumpkins fast.

5. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Personally I take my Necro and just use the Horde Minion... it's like UO's Goat... he picks up all the plain blah pumpkins... and then when he's full.... release him and "poof" away go all the blah pumpkins allowing more to spawn.

6. Dmaninuo

Dmaninuo Guest

I dont do either, I just recall or run around to all the fields in fel, every few hours, and on average grab 6-10 per trip. I did the "clean & wait" before, and this is much better.

7. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah

So basically you are relying on somone else to remove the pumpkins to respawn the larger ones.

The horde minion method allows you to control the respawn yourself.

..and it seems to work fairly well.

[​IMG]

8. legendsguy

legendsguy Sage
    Stratics Veteran

angrily, there are many, many, many people who are quite happy to let other people do the work then swoop in and take the jack-o-lanterns. ah, if only this were real life...

9. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

No one owns the spawn. I just run around and pick them up if I see them. I don't sit around and wait. Plus it isn't very hard to reset the spawn. Also there are some small farm areas off the paths such as the small one in Yew. Ran by and saw 2 nice carved ones sitting there.

10. You've got it all wrong... you do not have to remove every pumpkin to "reset" the pumpkin patch. Removing them just increases how fast each respawns. In fact, if you don't remove any, they eventually will decay and others will respawn.

11. Ferrut

Ferrut Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Can you use a goat??!

12. Dmaninuo

Dmaninuo Guest

ok, in case you think I am "jacking" someones field.... So far, I have not run across a single player in fel, and every field has had pumpkins scattered all over it(no-one cleaning them off). I do a quick check, and pop to the next field. There happens to be a total of 20 farms in fel, and 18 in tram. On origin, we lost 2 farms in Brit to show houses. I do run into players in Tram, and I usually BS with them for a bit, and I have dropped off pumpkins a couple times to the few that mention they have not gotten many yet.
    If you think I am the type of player to "swoop in" and snag stuff from others work, then **** off, because you obviously do not know me.

13. It's okay, Bro... they don't even know what they are talking about. I've been going through Felucca all day, not pulling off the pumpkins and the Jack O'Lanterns still spawn. There is a Jack O' Lantern in the fenced off pumpkin patch in Delucia... no one can even get in there to remove the pumpkins. And I got a Lantern from a very small patch in Ilshenar that no one seems to know about, and the ONE pumpkin that spawns there was never moved.

So just grab and run, and don't worry about the good-fer-nuthin' gossipers.

14. wanderer1origin

wanderer1origin Lore Master

is there a list yet of pumkins and do large new ones come in Black??

15. Xenobia

Xenobia Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I got one of each so I'm happy...now off to do the quest stuff

16. Heartseeker

Heartseeker Guest

Wow. That is a lot.

Funny thing is I haven't seen one yet. lol

I'll keep looking.

17. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah

Pay no attention to what the run and grab people are saying. Get a necro, get a horde minion. Find a nice quiet field or two and just destroy all the pumpkins then pick up your 8-10 carved per hour.

That is 140 pumpkins in that picture and not shown is another 10 at another house and the 30+ I've sold on a vendor. They fly off the vendor at 50k each.

18. Yep... that way works, too. I got my 10 pumpkins in an hour's work doing the run and grab. Either way works, whichever makes you happy!

*EDIT*
    BTW, just grabbed 4 more pumpkins from fields that no one is working. The necro/horde minion will probably yield more lanterns, but there's no reason everyone can't have one!

19. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable

I agree that the horde minion works well. My thanks to the poster that mentioned this method a few years ago. I just love my Supreme's Jack O'Lantern. :heart: