1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you start the game./...

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons Online Stratics Forums' started by LordTesla, Jul 27, 2009.

1. LordTesla

LordTesla Visitor

Feb 23, 2005
  2. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

It's been a while since I played, so the details are a bit fuzzy.
    But essentially, you do, although the process is more like most MMOs than pen&paper.
    There's class/race selection as standard, then I believe there's a point-association method of generating stats, rather than rolling for each of them. And skills would be assigned as normal in D&D.

At least, that's how I remember it.
  3. Bunkermonkey

Bunkermonkey Guest

There is a point buy system similar to 3ed (I haven't seen 4th edition)

when you unlock drow with in game favor, you're given more points for all subsequent character generations.

Hope that helps

4. Bob_the_fart_guy

Bob_the_fart_guy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Nov 26, 2005
    Unless there were massive changes to DDO since the re-vamp to the free-2-play (which is ENTIRELY possible) then I couldn't have said it any better than Bunkermonkey did. :blushing: