1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Tinkering] how do you unlock traped chests?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by YuriGaDaisukiDa, Jan 17, 2009.

1. i went on the test shard to see how traps work, but i cant make an unlocked trapped chest, if it is locked, the trap is active, but i can open, if i unlock it, the trap deactivates

how do i make it so i can blow myself up?
  2. i managed to blow myself up by lockpicking it, but is there a way to unlock it without setting off the trap, so simply opening it will set it off?
  3. There is a skill called remove traps and you need to have detect hidden to use that skill so most people use the magery spell telekinesis to blow the trap but you need to be about 4 spaces away fromt he chest to avoid damage. Look in the fishing /treasure hunting FAQ section.
  4. no

i want to unlock it

but leave the trap there
  5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    If the chest is lockable, it's simply a matter of picking it (or maybe even using the unlock spell at high magery), then not opening it.

Only the act of OPENING a box (not unlocking it) triggers a trap; I would gather (not having done such containers) that unlocking a chest with its real key deactivates the trap too, from your description.
  6. on the test server when i used a lock pick at gm lockpicking, it set off the trap every time
  7. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mar 18, 2004
    then there is a bug it should not explode unless you are opening the box period.