1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How Do You Waste Time on the Internet?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Taylor, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

If you're bored on the Internet, ur doing it wrong! I consider myself an expert at wasting time on the Internet. Here are some of my favorite methods:

9. Failbook.com

Sometimes, when people author microblogs on Facebook, the result intended is very different from the actual result. On these occasions, Failbook is ready to capture and enshrine your misspoken microblogs for everyone to enjoy!

8. Digg.com

Like to keep up with popular news items, but don't have time to sort through hundreds of stories to find them? On Digg, interesting stories that are "dug" by members float to the top, while less interesting items remain in the abyss of obscurity.

7. Fark.com

Another social news site, but Fark tends to feature quirky news items: e.g., Headline--Arkansas to Have its Own Medieval Castle (in 20 Years).

6. FMyLife.com

Ever had a terrible day? Want to take the edge off by reading about the misfortune of others? If so, FMyLife might be your new favorite website.

5. Webcomics!

Everyone loves webcomics. Check out XKCD and The Noob Comic.

4. StupidVideos.com

Kind of self-explanatory.

3. Flash Games!

Mindless self-indulgence at its best!

2. Hulu.com

Completely legal, free TV. Only 2-3 advertisements per show. Some of my favorites are the reality cooking shows: Kitchen Nightmares, Chopping Block, Top Chef, etc. (Note: only available in the US).

1. Forums.

Please. There's no better way to waste time on the Internet. I think I'm a member of at least a dozen. :thumbup1:

What are your favorite ways to waste time on the Internet?

(Disclaimer: Although most of the websites above are pretty good about filtering objectionable material, their standards may differ from Stratics RoC.)

2. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I spend a fair amount of time on yahoo answers, mostly just trolling the dumbest questions I can find, but now and then I have been known to actually give a good answer.

I also spend a lot of time on geekologie and gizmodo.

But the all time best way to waste time online is addictinggames.com, I can't visit that site and not spend an hour there. It's a bit of a problem.

3. Taylor

Forgot to mention my new favorite website: The Consumerist. I read it religiously.

P.S. Thanks for the warning about addictinggames. I shall never visit there.

4. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

They have a game where you race porta-potty's down a hill. Insanely addicting.

5. Nastia Cross

Nastia Cross Guest

The Chive is really entertaining as well... theCHIVE

6. Taylor

Clearly. :lol:

The Chive's a great one. Though, I can't always surf there while at work, heh.

7. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

None of my time on the internet is wasted - it's all serious business.

8. Taylor

I believe it.

/no

:p

9. iwonttellyou

iwonttellyou Visitor

By being the techi slave for the outcasts wink wink nudge nudge.

10. Taylor

11. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

I talk to you. Biggest waste of time there is.

12. Taylor