1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How does a mongbat dartboard work?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Patty Pickaxe, May 11, 2009.

1. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

does it work like a regular dartboard? I don't know how to work those either!! I have tried clicking on a dagger and targeting the dartboard and I have tried the opposite way as well. :confused:

Also, does it have to be flat on the ground to work? I am thinking of putting it up on some kind of "pedestal"- it just looks too low on the ground.

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

equip the dagger in your hand, then double click the dartboard (I think!)

3. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Correct, im 90%sure, cant be too close...or too far

4. Patty Pickaxe

I tried that and got a message that said I was too far away or lockdown resources couldn't be used. Do you have to click in a certain spot? I tried locking it down and securing it.

5. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Everytime ive used one, ive had any blade in my hand(even broadswords) and double clicked the mongbat.

Try securing and changing access to anyone, as far as i knew it should work without though

6. Patty Pickaxe

Actually, I am not getting the security gump. I can't set it to anyone or anything. I am co-owned to the house, do you think I need the owner to place it?

7. RichDC

RichDC Guest

hmm not sure on that...sorry i dont know how to help any more, ive never personally owned one i just used them at others houses.

8. Dark Drow

Dark Drow Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I had a dartboard face east what didn't work for me. then i try the one face south that one did work for me.

9. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

It has a tricky set up. I usually equip daggar or butcher knife and aim for the center of it's base or between its lil mongbat feet. ;) Just label it funky. They do work though I hit the bullseye at kelmo''s pub and in my own home too and it makes it's funny entertaining mongbat noises when we all hit on it. ;)

I never tried it on a base though like raising it on goza mats but it still should work for ya. . just aim for the center of its base or at its feet seems to make it work better than aimin for its ears.
    :)
    You about have to be almost right up to it sorta though too far away nothing happens too close same...but closer works better.

10. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

do like we do at home - beat the crap out of it and then toss it in the garage.

11. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

I am glad ya got one though. That silly thing got me thru ROT tailoring on Siege. . entertained me while I sewed more junk up to gm then 120 tailoring with breaks at mongbat dartboard. It was one of the first things I got when I came here figured it will break ROT monotony at those skills ya stuck at a loom or forge to do. :)

12. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

Here ya go ...stand 2 tiles in front of it, equip butcher knife or daggar and dblclk on the statue. Good luck.

[​IMG]

13. Patty Pickaxe

I just came here to tell you that I figured it out! I didn't think I had to stand so close to the little bugger! Thank you for the help!

14. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

haha It's a mongbat, they are just naturally ornery lil cusses. :)

Glad ya got yours working. :thumbsup: