1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How Does banning work?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Bama, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Bama

Bama Guest

Ok after 11 years Not once Have I been banned, or even jailed, well there was that one time i was dropping cloth due to the over limits thing while making oil cloth and decided to walk and cover all of Brit. But anyway....

Today I logged in and played for a bit, the switched charectures and got a message about credit card , or possible temp ban or Permanent ban. Well knowing for a fact I dont hack cheat or use raciest names. figued it was billing issue, so went and checked everything and it was fine, all up to date.

I tried to log in again and I was in played for about 30 min and it was time to go to SP for some ROT. I got the message again.. Ok I rechecked the billing it was good. I tried to log in got the mesasage , next time I was in...I decided to relog and check it a few times. after 25 attempts I got in 10 and got the message 15. can anyone tell me what is going on?\\

If you get banned they send you an email with the reason don't they?
    thanks for the help
    B

2. Pickaxe Pete

Pickaxe Pete Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

That's the standard message we all get if the password verification server is not working very well, which is the case today. Nothing to worry about.

3. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

The login server is messed up today, I got a message that I was banned/suspended, tried to log in again and ended up getting through. By the way did you play on Great Lakes a few months back?

4. KB

The page you access to check your billing ... might not be updating.
    contact them with a description and the info they need to check.

You "should" only be in one state ... in or out ... not bouncing between them.

5. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

If you're banned, you won't get in 10/25 attempts, you'll always fail to login. It's just an issue with the login server. If you're still experiencing the problems tomorrow afternoon (afternoon for the devs, that is [EST]), and there isn't a notice on uoherald.com about the login servers, then send an e-mail to Jere... err... Bob - rmull AT ea DOT com (almost forgot she was on vacation this week :))

6. Doomsday Dragon

Doomsday Dragon Visitor

If you get banned you will get a message saying your account has been blocked in pretty much those exact words. I had a couple 3 day bans before and it just says your account has been blocked with I believe a link to support or some crap. So if you do get banned you will know for sure.

7. It Lives

It Lives Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

The critters running the show are over heating and need watering.:stretcher:

8. Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Barter Town

You can get jailed for dropping oil clothes...?

:grouphug:

9. nope they dont email u they just ban your acct best way to find out what is going on is to call uo 1866 543 5435 is ea number good luck talking to live person for some reason now they changed it to a lot of automation crap but if u hold on the line sooner or later somone will answer they then can check your acct and tell u what has happen or if your acct is banned

10. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Um. No. They do e-mail you. I've gotten an e-mail before when I got a 3-day ban.

11. Vesta

Vesta Visitor

They DO email you.

You can get out of voice prompt hell by pressing 1 or 0, saying operator, etc. There is always a back door. Just experiment.

12. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

lol, you said back door.