1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How does black rock work

Discussion in 'UHall' started by DannoOfAtlantic, Apr 6, 2008.

1. How does it work when infecting creatures? Is there a random chance or does the amount of blackorck change it? I would like to know if someone has the stats to blackrock and the infection

2. One man is born a hero, his brother a coward. Babies starve, politicians grow fat. Holy men are martyred, and junkies grow legion. Why? Why, why, why, why, why? Luck! Blind, stupid, simple, doo-dah, clueless luck!

1 piece or a hundred
    The Evil Lord RNG determines thy fate

3. Guest

Guest Guest

- While I'm not positive how it works,
    I like what he said.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

And the Science gets done.
    And you make a neat gun.
    For the people who are
    still alive.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

6. Guest

Guest Guest

We played it on Rock Band last night... good stuff.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

- Very good stuff.
    'Kinda angry I haven't heard this before.
    [​IMG]

8. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I'm wondering the same thing. Both times i took it into a dungeon i managed to infect a creature within 5 minutes and wasn't able to infect anymore in another 30 minutes of running around. I think the bezerker scythe works the same way.

9. how close do yuou need to be to the creature and do you need to be flagged?

10. fred252

fred252 Guest

The Black Rock is a ship on a mysterious island.

11. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

how close do yuou need to be to the creature and do you need to be flagged?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just agro range. Neither of the creatures i infected were in melee range but either they were infected and instantly agro'd or vice versa.

12. excellent question - someone should raise that for the next FoF.
    i want to share my experience so far - as i am permanently carrying small pieces of blackrock on different chars - that the infection seems to work randomly and the chance seems to be extremely low. i had chicken and dogs in britain city being infected, and once i managed to infect one of the 4 treasure chest guardians of a lev 5 map on a small island. to be honest, i was quite glad that it was not a lev 6 though, because an aw blackrock infected would probably make a nice challenge for some, but instant death for the average t-hunter like me ....
    i've seen b-i-critters in Fel dungeons, but i was never able to infect a creature in ilsh and never heard that anyone else did - maybe the code does not allow this to protect the world from any aw paragon blackrock infected [​IMG]
    cant remember if i ever saw b-i mobs in tokuno ....
    chests seem to drop not for all monsters, possibly only for those who might spawn t-maps

13. Guest

Guest Guest

It usually happens like this~:

You've almost killed whatever it is you're fighting. Suddenly, the thing you're fighting hits you for massive damage, and you notice it has a full health bar. You run, and it runs as fast. It kills you. While dead, you notice a blackrock infected tamer using a greater dragon to kill the newly created creature. The tamer is on the Stratics Forum, and by the time you get back, you notice he has neglected to heal his pet at all. You actually time it perfectly, so when you last object your corpse handle, the dragon is skirting to the side, and dies. You're out significant stamina and mana still, but you go on to kill the black rock infected creature, and the tamer comes back to a dead dragon. The tamer's immediate reaction is to cast flamestrike, but the casting speed is too slow, and he doesn't get the kill shot, you do, and somehow, you get a strange box. You drop the box on the floor, say oops, and pick it back up. The tamer says an explicit, as you run towards the gate, unsure of your ability to survive, with a desire to bank this strange box due to it's supposed rarity. Most of all, you don't want to somehow let the tamer get it ;D.

(/fabrication)