1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How does one identify...

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Guest, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Never mind!

2. Guest

Guest Guest

It's supposed to be a shade or two darker than shadow/npc armor. I've never spent that much time myself examining it so I can't verify that, but I suppose you could try comparing it to coal ingots or ore

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Thank you Zynia for the lesson and saving me the gold!!

4. Zynia

Zynia Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

You know my answer already.

However, all GM crafted coal items will have a totel of 21 resists. It's been forever. I'd steer clear of unmarked platemail, chainmail, ringmail. Chain & ring is so easily crafted it rarely went unmarked, or unexceptional. We all know why.

Here are some examples of Coal and NPC Armor (Evista[Trammel Skara West] and Phishman's Vendor Museums[Just outside of Cove, Felucca])

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. red72

red72 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

yes evista has a great collection if u wanna go and compare im sure he has numerous types that ur interested in

6. Zynia

Zynia Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Evista is indeed a wonderful collector (certainly not as monetarily -i made that word up if it's not a word!- gifted as some of the folk here). He not only enjoys the rarer of the bunch, but he also has an *almost* completed set of every type of pre-aos magical armor, weapons, and miscellaneus items as well. It doesn't hurt he's good for conversation as well. ;]