1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Carpentry] How does one make this shield?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Tangled Metal, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Tangled Metal

Tangled Metal Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I know it is Reforged, Imbued and Enhanced, but what do you use for reforging and what order does everything need to be done in? shield.PNG

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

not sure how they made that sense its blessed

3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Reforging first, is a given. "Towering" added the DCI. "Wizardry" added the Mana Regen. The DCI might have been less than 15%, then Imbued up. So, theoretically, ANY level of runic that could make 2-category or higher items without Structural or Fundamental being used. So, it could have been something as low as Oak runics.

Imbuing would be next. Due to uncertainty of what Wizardry (and Mysticism) can add to shields in Reforging , Spell Channeling FC -1 and/or Faster Casting 1 MIGHT have been added by Wizardry (if an Ash or higher runic). However, it would be easier just to get the first two properties from the Reforging, then imbue the SC & FC. Order really isn't that important.

The HP Regen 2, Luck 40 and Fire Resist 3% are the standard Bloodwood properties for a Shield.

In other words, this should be fairly easy to make, though expensive from the imbues; enhancement might be relatively easy to risk without a forged tool (about a 56% chance of success on enhancement, since neither luck nor fire resist were present prior to enhance, resulting in minimum failure chances, and the HP Regen doesn't affect the success chance)

#3 Basara, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  4. Tangled Metal

Stratics Veteran

Thanks! That is exactly what I needed to know. Now I can go to TC and fine tune before I actually attempt one. It's always good to have a starting point.

5. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I think you could do much better just farming since you can get some massive eater/soul charge. Don't forget that you could also enhance with frostwood for FC if you made a SC neg. While some would say that this isn't as good as HPR it's a option that seems to be forgotten/over looked.

A good idea is to refresh on the wood bonus on stratics or uoguide.

6. Tangled Metal

Stratics Veteran

I was able to make the shield rather quickly and easily without having to go through a lot of trial and error. It wan't too costly in the end. The most expensive thing was the enhancement. I did not feel my luck with random generator warranted a shot at 56% chance at succeeding on the enhance, so I used a Forged Metal Of artifacts charge. After all was said and done it cost me around 3.5 mil to make. If I would have farmed all of the ingredients and gotten the 2 Oak tools I used myself I could have done it for the cost of the charge of the Forged Tool. Thanks again for all your help. Now for something totally different!