1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How does siege's population compare to other shards?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Nalif, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Nalif

Nalif Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I have a few characters on Great Lakes, and I've always been tempted to make a thief on Siege just because it sounds like so much fun. Looking at the boards, I always see something like "Viewers reading Great Lakes forum: 4" and then I look down at siege and see "Viewers reading Siege forums: 33." Is this representative of the population, or do more siege players read stratics than the average non-siege player?

2. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

Alot of siege players read here while there at work cause there just so much drama game stuff going on... its fun here bro you should really give it a try... its not that bad to build here..

3. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

On Siege you can be very alone if you want. You can be very in the thick of things if you try...

4. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Less players, closer community. Thus much posting.

5. Nalif

Nalif Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I think I'm going to start up a thief. I know very little about UO, because I've just started playing. I remember this one time, though, I think it was back in 1999. My friend at school and his brother had accounts, and I would always go over to his house and make a thief character, and then I would run around and steal everything I could get my hands on.

This one time, I was able to steal a house key, and I didn't even know what it was. I called my friend over, and I said "Is this worth anything?" and he started freaking out. I quickly handed the key to him only to be killed by the player I stole it from. Luckily, my friend was able to hide, and the player couldn't find him. We watched the player make a gate, and followed after her hoping she would lead us to her house. The gate she created, however, led to the middle of some woods, and no housing was around anywhere. Hoping we would get lucky, we headed north and eventually ran into a ton of housing. It took us maybe an hour, but we found the house! As soon as we opened the door, she was somehow at the steps, but we were able to lock the door. She cast energy vortex, which I guess could somehow go through the door to attack us, but we both hid just in time, and the vortex turned around and killed the player that had summoned it! The house was packed, but we felt bad, so we only took a few things then gave the key back to the player. I realize this kinda stuff isn't possible anymore, but the closest I'm going to get to it is by playing on Siege. I have a lot of crazy stories like that.

6. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

*smiles* Those sound like exciting times. While that situation may never happen again, one never knows what other adventure lie ahead.

*note to self... must work on the detective character harder*

7. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Thieves are very fun. I really think SP would be one of the most populated shards if they did a few things:

-Revert it back to UOR
    -Remove personal bless

I would be willing to bet much RL cash SP would become in the top 3 most populated.

8. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Remove all regular blessed items.

9. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Now fellows... That is the topic of another thread. Let's reel this fellow in. *winks*

10. Nalif

Nalif Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

What items are blessed on siege? On Great Lakes, I have a set of the virtue armor, and it's all blessed. I always thought items like this wouldn't be blessed on siege.

11. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Vet rewards, clothing and deco mostly. No armor except for a few old items.

12. Nalif

Nalif Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Oh. Well, that's no biggie then. It's settled. I'll be starting a thief in the coming days! Midterms are taking up all my time for now, though.

Since deciding on a template early is so important on siege, I want to figure out my template way in advance. What's a good thief build for siege? I'm kinda thinking the below, but I'm very new, so let me know your thoughts. Also, how hard is it to get scrolls on siege? Do any of my skills below need to be above 100? What should my dex/int/str be at?

Stealing x 100
    Snooping x 100
    Hiding x 100
    Stealth x 100
    Fencing x 100
    Ninjutsu x 100
    Poisoning x 100

13. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

I will let the template gurus help you on that. I do see some free points there. If you stick to leather 75 is all you need stealth wise. Is there a point in having poison over 80? Just wondering... a cure pot ends it all any way. if it is for the way deadly poison, 120 fence and 80 poison would be better?

14. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

BAH!!!!!

*flicks booger at kelmo....*

15. Nalif

Nalif Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks! I'm actually going to make a seperate thread for template advice since this thread is about the Siege population.

16. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Your best bet for a thief template is on the PvP Thief forum.

17. Nalif

Nalif Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Doh. I'm an idiot! Thanks.