1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Stratics is pleased to introduce a community Article Management System (AMS) to the forums! AMS allows users to contribute articles about profession templates, houses, pvp, or a variety of other topics. This is a great way to showcase your ideas that require more space than a typical thread. Our staff can also feature articles and promote threads into articles (when appropriate). We are pretty excited about this feature and hope you will be too. It will allow the community another way to express themselves and contribute to the growth of the game and community! For information on how to submit an article, read this article.
  3. We've put our heads together to simplify the Rules of Conduct (ROC) from 23 items down to 8. We hope that the new ROC will be more intuitive and easier to remember. This should also help us to improve our moderation by focusing on fewer items. We are always striving to make Stratics better and to encourage communication and participation. We think that you'll be happy for this improvement. Thanks for being here.

How does the final fantasy XI combat system work?

Discussion in 'FINAL FANTASY XI General Discussion' started by Grover19, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Grover19

Grover19
    Expand Collapse

For awhile now Ive been getting the feeling final fantasy XI combat system works like in Pokemon games, you take turns, eg. I cast a spell, I must wait till opponent casts a spell back at me before i can attack again. Is that so? if so it wouldn't be too fun, or is it like normal MMORPGS like world of war craft.

2. Trish

Trish
    Expand Collapse
    Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

No, the combat is not turn-based.

3. Dol'Gorath

Dol'Gorath
    Expand Collapse
    Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If you've played Final Fantasy XII, it's pretty much that. FF12 is a single player version of 11.