1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How have you faired so far? (Event.)

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Guest, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

In 1.5 hours at the event- I died 9 times, my dragon died 5 times,m and I got:

4 Planeswords
    6 Planeshields
    1 Thread of Life
    0 Thread of Fate
    3 Cloak of (Wow I forgot the last word.)

2. 1 Breath of the Dead

.5 in healing

3. Lady_Kat

Lady_Kat Guest

27 Planeswords
    34 Planeshields
    20 Thread of Life
    14 Thread of Fate
    25 Cloak of Corruption [​IMG]

4. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

About 9 hrs worth of time.
    All from a Pally/Swordsman (No Bushido). Most of this once I switched to a Fey Slayer. It's murder on the Angels.

124 Planeswords/Planeshields (All in one box - too lazy to separate)
    8 Thread of Life
    2 Thread of Fate
    9 Cloaks of Corruption
    400k in gold or so (already accounting for insurance losses)

5. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah

<blockquote><hr>

How on earth did you get a breath of the Dead?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he is implying that he's spending his event time in doom instead.

EDIT : Nevermind - from the Demons. I forgot they were part of the event because we haven't seen any on GL yet AFAIK.

6. I have a few of each heh...I have been slacking big time.

All in all the event is a blast...especially the night of step one...two *waits 10 minutes* step one two...*waits more*

7. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

I got um....4 sheilds and....5 swords..and two threads of fate and 2 cloaks...and a crapton of deathrobes [​IMG]

Still not sure how this whole thing works...I kill the shadowlords on my archer or my swordswoman and I kill everything else with my tamer......haven't yet brought my necro there....I should...

8. Guest

Guest Guest

You won a breath of the dead from a corpse or lost yours? Cursed/Insurable?
    What monster did you get it from/lost it to?

9. Guest

Guest Guest

5 shields
    8 swords
    0 threads
    3 cloaks

I might be even on insurance but I doubt it.

10. wanderer1origin

wanderer1origin Lore Master

16 swords 10 shields no cloaks or threads son has used 95 lock downs hehe of these items 8 cloaks last count

11. Guest

Guest Guest

42 swords
    38 shields
    5 threads of life
    3 threads of fate
    6 cloaks

12. <blockquote><hr>

How on earth did you get a breath of the Dead?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Killing the deamon things That is what i got an that is all. Dont forget the .5 healing :}

Breath of the Dead was cursed too.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

9 hours?

10 Shields
    7 Swords
    3 Cloaks of Corruption
    2 Threads of Fate
    0 Threads of Life (well one of each now since I traded)

580+ Death shrouds
    -350K Insurance

Amount of time enjoying event: priceless [​IMG]

14. Wolfthistle

Wolfthistle Guest

Hey,

22 shields
    37 swords
    1 cloak (just after server up, so not many people around)
    1 thread of fate
    7 thread of life

and, I know its not really an event item, but - 9 berserker scythes.

As for the cursed breath of dead fellow, its my guess that the creature you killed looted the cursed breath of dead off of someone else, and then when you killed it, you got the breath of dead.

Sincerely,

Wolfthistle

15. mrarsonal

mrarsonal Guest

planeshield - 150+
    plansword - 150+
    threads - 30+
    Bezerker scythes 2
    cloaks - 12

I got most of my loot on my stealth assasin... just rummaging the corpses that the Berzerkrs killed.

16. cloak 24
    others around 140

first night as archer, no death
    2nd night as stealth ninja :p

should've picked up those blackrocks that someone trashed at the bank!

17. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

In 1.5 hours at the event- I died 9 times, my dragon died 5 times,m and I got:

4 Planeswords
    6 Planeshields
    1 Thread of Life
    0 Thread of Fate
    3 Cloak of (Wow I forgot the last word.)

[/ QUOTE ]

1 planesword (someone left it on the ground)
    0 Planeshields
    0 Thread of Life
    0 Thread of Fate
    0 Cloak of Corruption
    23 deathrobes

You know...I love having Wind all to myself......

18. jelake

jelake Guest

8 Shields
    7 Swords
    3 Life Threads
    4 Cloaks - 3 for 3 SL's tonight in 1.5 hours time.

19. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I have to ask. When are all you guys playing? I play late and theres no way I can take on 3 fetid essences and 2-3 of the angels waiting on me when I enter,because everyone else has already done their hunting and has left.

20. BadManiac

BadManiac Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I have to ask. When are all you guys playing? I play late and theres no way I can take on 3 fetid essences and 2-3 of the angels waiting on me when I enter,because everyone else has already done their hunting and has left.

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah I'm thinking the same thing. I can solo berzerker demons with my archer and a mystic bow, but the angels regen HP faster than I can kill them, hit me for 88HP in all 70 and cast spells that do 50+ damage. All while I'm doing 15 damage per hit with EoO, conc, divine fury and 60DI on my bow. What the hell am I doing wrong?

21. Guest

Guest Guest

Reading through the boasts if the event lasts the 2 to 3 weeks like stated theres gonna be a sh*t load of items indeed!!!! muahhahhaaaaa...then again they are a ''trade in item''......muahahhahaaa.....carry on!!

my stats
    8 shield/8 sword/6 threads/0 cloaks(yet)= 4 hours (2x2 hour spells)

22. + 11 Plainswords
    + 17 Plainshields
    + 4 Dark Wisp Treasure Chests
    + 0 Threads
    + 0 Cloaks of Corruption
    + 105 Deathrobes
    - 425k Insurance Money
    + 40k Loot Money
    + 1.2 Magery
    + 0.2 Spellweaving
    + 0.8 Wrestling
    + 0.3 Magic Resistance
    + 213 Screenshots
    + Insomnia

By the way, you can read my reports and view some screenshots about the event here:
    Ultima Online Travelogues

23. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah

<blockquote><hr>

but the angels regen HP faster than I can kill them, hit me for 88HP in all 70 and cast spells that do 50+ damage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure you are in an all 70's?

On GL the Angels hit me for 37 pts of dmg. I can solo them (with some minor jousting) fairly easily.

I have a 70's suit with 140 dex for fast self heals. I use a fey slayer. Enemy of one does no good with the Fey slayer since my DI is already maxed. Without Enemy of One and concecrate I hit them for 144pts a hit. Use divine fury to keep stamina up and run and heal if it gets dicey.

I've also noticed that I seem to have more success with planesheilds if I'm not the one initiating the battle. IE If I start the critter and then someone jumps in with less than half health - they get the planeshield/sword. Reverse is true - if you jump someone else's battle - you have a good shot at the goods. By doing 144 pts a hit, it only takes 1 hit to get looting rights.

Just my observations.

In regards to the essance's - I see no reason to fight these so I generally just run from them. They take too long to kill and have no notable loot.

24. I haven't taken the time to actually count individual items, but I've got 258 total items so far, along with 7 Berserker Scythes, and 9 of the 258 are cloaks.

25. Guest

Guest Guest

I've only been out for about 3 hours total and have several swords and shields. My husband got one thread of life. No cloaks so far.

26. mmmbeer05

mmmbeer05 Guest

125 plane shield/weap
    7 cloaks
    14 threads

27. <blockquote><hr>

I haven't taken the time to actually count individual items, but I've got 258 total items so far, along with 7 Berserker Scythes, and 9 of the 258 are cloaks.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, how long have you been in Moonglow?

28. BadManiac

BadManiac Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Are you sure you are in an all 70's?

[/ QUOTE ]Near enough yes, a 67 and a 68, fire and poison. I swear I take twice as much damage as everyone else. People stand toe to toe with berzerkers and survive several hits when they hit me for near enough twice my HP per hit. [​IMG]

29. Actually, I've been playing a lot less since this started because of a very nasty cold I'm trying to shake. Most of what I have was obtained by my stealth mage picking the corpses of everything the Berserkers have killed. I got close to 150 items yesterday in just a few hours.

30. Guest

Guest Guest

Craploads on various shards. Running out of lockdowns. [​IMG]

30 cloaks
    250 or so shield/sword
    25 or so threads

and counting...

Stealthing around pacific is almost too easy after the zerkers do all the work. [​IMG]

No zerkers on Baja

31. Stealthing around pacific is almost too easy after the zerkers do all the work.

Yep. That's how I got 90% of mine. [​IMG]

32. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Agreed!! I am doing the same thing using invisibility. You can barely isolate a shadowlord now to kill it and the bezerkers are grouping in large numbers making a fair fight impossible.

There is not alot of defense or offense for this

[​IMG]

33. Guest

Guest Guest

Insta-died several times. Didn't have enough time to continue.

34. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Stealthing around pacific is almost too easy after the zerkers do all the work.

Yep. That's how I got 90% of mine. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yep, same here - and more chests than I can count :p

35. I haven't bothered summing it all up, but I got enough to not care if I get more.

I'm mostly interested in completing the content. I don't need more loot. With the event being mostly berzerkers, it's hard to get positive loot anyway. I'm dieing enough that I'm not even sure I'm making a profit. I'm hoping that my efforts are advancing the event, though.

36. <blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah I'm thinking the same thing. I can solo berzerker demons with my archer and a mystic bow, but the angels regen HP faster than I can kill them, hit me for 88HP in all 70 and cast spells that do 50+ damage. All while I'm doing 15 damage per hit with EoO, conc, divine fury and 60DI on my bow. What the hell am I doing wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds liek the hit points i get also.
    yet some people are claiming they hit things for over 100 points.
    i have tried my best bows and fencing weapons.