1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Tailoring] How high to stop durability drop when repair?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by lancelot99, Aug 8, 2012.

1. lancelot99

lancelot99 Guest

Im at 106 Tailoring and repaired my fighters armour....

but every piece i repaired it told me *you repair the piece but it has lost durability* or words to that effect...

so, how high to i have to be to be able to repair without loss of durability?

2. PuckOfPacific

PuckOfPacific Journeyman

Heh, even at 120 you still aint gonna get it all the time. For Metal do the repairs with a +60 ASh It helps a little.

3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

The formula is such that there is a never a point where you will be 100% able to avoid losing a point.

To copy from a much older post of mine on the subject *that was on U.Hall)....

From November 16, 2007 Five On Friday (a weekly thing devs used to do to answer submitted questions):

So, for something 254/255, at GM skill, that's (295-254) - 10 = 41-10 = 31% chance of durability loss if you repair.

For skills that top out at 100 skill:
    70 durability points down is 100% chance of a max durability loss

For tailor at 120 (and smiths not using an ASH):
    72 durability points down is 100% chance for loss, and lowest chance without loss is 29% at 1 point down.

For 120 Smith using +60 ASH:
    78 points down is 100% chance for loss, and lowest chance without loss is 23% at 1 point down.

Repair deeds have a substantial negative modifier (my guess is that they get something like another 20, 30 or 40 points penalty)

#3 Basara, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  4. Driven Insane

Is this new?

I swear I never used to fail as much as I do now. Seems like every single piece I repair loses a point of durability. Seems like since Imbuing was added it got way worse.

5. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

I've had it a few times when using a repair deed that the items repairs and no loss of durability.