1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How important is dex for a caster?

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by TopCatt, Jan 6, 2010.

1. TopCatt

TopCatt Guest

Howdy! So I have a full caster on Siege, Necro/SS/Mage/Eval/Wrestle/SW

Really enjoying my template, but I was wondering (my stat cap is 230) I would like to run with 100 str, 10 dex, 120 INT. It seems most people run with minimum of 15 dex or so, is it really harmful to my survivability having 10 dex? I don't really feel like i need any dex at all as I don't use parry, and usually run wraith form so pushing things out of the way isn't an issue.

(maybe even thinking of dropping str to 95 so i can max my int)

any input or comments would be greatly appreciated! thanks

2. With 10 Dex you can easily be put in walk mode from stam loss curse/damage/pain spike. I always have 15 minimum.

3. TopCatt

TopCatt Guest

I see. the extra 5 dex makes that much of a difference? Wouldn't it be just as viable to just toss some +stam on one of your items?

4. Yes.

Not in my opinion, suit mods are more valuable. Both times I've run 10 Dex even with items putting me at 15 or higher I've ended up stuck walking.

The best thing for you to do would be to try it out and let some stuff attack you. Stats are easy enough to move that it shouldn't take more than 30 mins.

5. Alezi

Alezi Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

10 base + crimmy.

6. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

YEP..