1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How is hit spell damage calculated?

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Luke Carjacker, Dec 2, 2009.

1. I'm trying to figure out a couple of things regarding hit spell effects on weapons. First, how is damage calculated? For example, if I have hit lightning on a weapon, is the damage based on weapon type? Or maybe weapon speed? Or is it based on the holder's Eval (hope not). Is there a difference in hit spell effects with bows & melee weapons? Difference in calculations in PVP & PVM? Just trying to plan out the best course of action to balance out speed & damage.

My other hit spell question is that I know some hit spells interrupt spell casting, while others do not. Some affect paralysis, and others don't. I remember reading about it, but can't seem to find the info. So, which does which again? Thanks a lot.

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

hit spell damage is based on a flat eval i think its 80 (cant remember could be 70)
    the damage for bows and weapons are the same

3. Jaimes

Jaimes Guest

I don't know too much, but I know that Hit Fireball and Hit Magic Arrow disrupt better since there's a slight delay. Harm and Lightning hit instantly. FB, Harm, and Lightning are better for damage than MA.

Hit Velocity's damage is based on distance from target, I believe.

I don't remember which ones are good on a Bok, but I'm pretty sure it's Harm and Lightning, and that Nerve Strike is broken by FB or MA.

4. Harm on a bow basically does 0 damage. Damage for Harm is based on how close you are to the target, which with an archer, is almost always from a distance.

5. Jaimes

Jaimes Guest

Yeah should have added that, thanks