1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How is mana calculated?

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Leira of Asrai, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Leira of Asrai

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I am building a new elf character and am wondering exactly how mana is calculated. Is it same value as your intelligence + bonus?

My char currently has 21 Int and has 41 mana. She isn't wearing any armor, jewelry, clothing or weapons. The only reference in UO Stratics is the Stat calculator and it says she should only have 21 mana. Am I missing something here?

Thanks

2. CroMag1980

CroMag1980 Guest

There used to be a calculator on noxin's website - also try the "mage" professions section of stratics there might be a calculator there.

Also in a fight if you're hyper your mana comes back slower (or should I say your perception of it makes it seems like it's way too slow)

3. Sir_Bolo

Sir_Bolo Sage

For humans:

Maximum Mana = Intelligence

For elves:

Maximum Mana = Intelligence + 20

Simple as that :)
    The Stratics calculator was probably written before ML and never updated...

4. Leira of Asrai

Thank you Sir Bolo! That explains it. I was using the Stat calculator on Stratics, which is just about pointless, and was getting mixed results. That +20 mana for elves is a nice bonus. Thanks again.