1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Bowcraft/Fletching] How is this done?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Caelas, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Caelas

Caelas Guest

Ok, so I was looking at bows today and saw this baby...

Hit Mana 30
    Velocity 40
    Magic Arrow 48
    Ash
    SSI 30
    DI 40
    Lower Req. 20

Ok, so...we have a bow that I am assuming was first made with some sort of runic to get the Mana, Velocity, and Magic Arrow...then enhanced with Ash for the SSI and DI...but how did they get the amounts so dang high?

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

First of all, it was MADE with Ash. You don't make ANYTHING with normal materials, then enhance later - you're almost certain to destroy anything worth enhancing that way. And, ASH doesn't give any DI - it gives 10% SSI and the 20% Lower Requirements. The DI can be from being Exceptional made with GM Arms Lore.

The Magic Arrow 48% is 96% intensity, which means it was made with a Heartwood Fletching runic, which is the one that allows up to 100% intensity. Interestingly enough, it only has 4 properties, other than those of the material and being exceptional.

3. Caelas

Caelas Guest

Ok, so it was made with Ash with a Heartwood runic...
    So if ash only gives 10% SSI...the other 20% came from...exceptional? OR did the runic add some SSI on top of what was already there?

And please excuse my newbness...I've never really done crafting before.

4. Basara

Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Yes, it's 10% from the wood, 20% from the runic property.

5. Sir Kenga

Sir Kenga Guest

You say it AS IF there could be more than 4 props.

6. It seems, that the LRQ 20 is the 5th property :scholar:

7. Basara

Lower Requirements is a property from the wood used, not the runic. The OP didn't know that it came from the wood, and thought Ash gave a DI bonus.

Hence the comment about 4 properties the two of you replied about.

8. Turdnugget

Turdnugget Guest

Ash will always give 10% SSI on a succesful enhance or craft. You can have more than 10% SSI using a runic to craft (not enhance) You're just guaranteed that 10% no matter what. It's a base property using Ash.

Kinda like Yew giving 5% HCI. If you enhance a bow that has 10% HCI with Yew, and succeed you'll have 15% HCI. If you CRAFT with Yew wood. You'll always have at least 5% HCI on the bow etc...

Most people always use Ash to enhance/Craft as Speed is always very key to an archers killing spree. Unless it's a Magical shortbow that has 20-30% SSI to begin with before enhancing... As it only has a 3 second weapon speed and most dexers can shoot at the 1.5 swing rate or very close that having that extra 10% SSI doesn't matter. So they'd go with like the 5%HCI or something...

I hope that helps =)

9. Sir Kenga

Sir Kenga Guest

Btw if i craft with Yew and get 25 base HCI, will it become 30 from Yew boards?

10. Turdnugget

Turdnugget Guest

That would only happen if you first used a runic with regular wood, then used Yew. But chances are high that you would break it try to then enhance it... I'm not sure though. Worth a shot =) It'd suck if the other mods on the bow sucked though. I've made some pretty high HCI bows, but had other crappy mods. But I was only using an Ash runic with Ash wood.