1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Swordsmanship] How is this for a sampire weapon?

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Kelly Daze, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Kelly Daze

Kelly Daze Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I was messing making katanas for a guildmate and I made this:

HML 47
    HSL 46
    HLD 36
    DI 40
    Physical Damage 40
    Poison Damage 40
    Energy Damage 20

I know it has no SSI on it but with a katana you can swing at max SSI without it. And with the HSL I should be fine without SSI. I am also getting more hammers to make Ornate axe and mage rune blade but I was wondering what ya'll thought about that katana. By way I made it with a bronze hammer.

2. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I think it's very good. You have all the HLD that will keep you hitting and HML is a must, and since no SSI, HSL is a must to keep swinging.

Look into a Heavy Ornate Axe so that you get the free 8 DI. I like the mage's rune blade better personally.

May lady luck be with you.

3. Turdnugget

Turdnugget Guest

It'll be alright... dunno if you'll output enough damage to keep yourself healed though.

I made a katana the other day I want to try out on Miasma... 50 Hit Mana/life, some other mod and Arachnid Slayer =)

4. Kelly Daze

Kelly Daze Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

With the katana I have 100DI. So I am hoping it will be enough. Only one way to find out. As soon as I am done with necro I will be heading. My template is

120 swords
    120 bush
    120 parrying
    120 Tactics
    100 necro
    70 chiv
    60 resist (70 with bracelet) and can be switch with anatomy depend on what I am fighting. My bracelet for anatomy has 13 anatomy and di and dci.

105 DI, yeah I know 5 over but oh well
    45 HCI
    50 DCI
    21 Str increase
    23 Dex increase
    11 intel increase

5. That will do, but when going against Miasma remember to cast Cons Wep. Having 40 Poison damage on the wep will lower the damage against him. For the first few times you also might want to carry a few Greater Heal pots until you get your rhythm down. Personally, I use a Scorp Slayer ornate axe with 20 SSI and ML that can 3 shot the weaker Miasmas. Before the change to Vamp form I used to 2 shot him which amazed quite a few people lol. You'll also want to keep in mind the Reptalons can and will wander down to the Miasma area so be prepared for that.

6. Kelly Daze

Kelly Daze Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

That is the only thing I am missing that I wished I had was EP on my bracelet. And I need to learn where all these places are. Do you carry enhanced apples and trapped boxes with you as well?

7. I always carry a trapped box because I normally don't have Resist unless I'm heading to Doom. Apples not so much except, once again, in Doom. The reason I suggest the GH pots is as a backup until you get the feel of your weapon and fighting Miasma. I'm hitting for near 200 on crits with my axe, so Vamp healing is no problem, but you won't get those kind of hits with the katana, so you'll need to learn where your comfort zone is.

8. Kelly Daze

Kelly Daze Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks connor. I am looking at buying some kit to start making some ornate axes. But thanks again for all your post on the different threads. It has really helped me.