1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How is this game doing?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Robert1213, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Robert1213

Robert1213 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

How is the player base? How is pvp balance?8

2. Zodia

Zodia Guest

Everything is awesome.

3. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Well player base depends on which shard you're playing.

4. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Overall - I like the playerbase. There are some shards that are relatively crowded (Atlantic Housing) and others that are relatively quiet. I like the choice depending on my mood. :)

5. Malimus

Malimus Guest

PvP seems pretty active... Lots of people in Factions. Although alota speed hackers and people running heal/chug scripts. Which is why i will not PvP anymore. Wont stoop to that lack of skill noobishness. Hoping EA/Mythic will solve this issue some day soon. Aside from that the game is good as long as your on one of the more populated servers. Pacific or Atlantic for example.

6. Bullet

Bullet Guest

Wait, There are other players in this game? Am i missing something, err someones?

7. Robert1213

Robert1213 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Did they add anything new to factions?0

8. NewYears1978

NewYears1978 Guest

Tnis is the sad thing :(

And from what I hear EA/Mythic doesn't care about hackers..because the player base is a high percentage of hackers, so banning would cost them money.

How great is that?

9. The Craftsman

The Craftsman Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Sad, but very very true.

10. NewYears1978

NewYears1978 Guest

Is this supposed to be addressed in Stygian patch?

I just came back after 5 years..and if it is not..no point playing. I refuse to cheat..and I don't wanna deal with 500 hackers when I am trying to PvP.

11. dukarlo

dukarlo Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

As far as pvp goes 900 hp dragons and dreadmares that do 70 damage are the norm and cheating(speedhacking, scripts) is rampant and ignored by EA. No balance patches are forthcoming because EA is intent on getting thier new expansion out(which will likely imbalance pvp further). If you like to cheat then by all means start up again. If you play legit, wait to see if cheating is adressed at all. The one thing UO still has going for it is the friendships one makes over time.

12. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

That does kind of depend on whether or not you're coming back strictly for PvP. I don't believe hackers will cause you and trouble outside of PvP. Considering the only real hack going around is speedhack.

13. NewYears1978

NewYears1978 Guest

Well friends finally talked me into coming back, so I have friends...however, they want me back for PvP..all we do is PvP..

So I hope Stygian addresses this...

I've heard about the pet dmg too..pretty ridiculous..

14. Sneaky Que

Sneaky Que Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Dont listen to the negative posts. Yes there are cheaters, but a decent PvPer with a good connection can easily overcome them.

15. slayer888

slayer888 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

PvP overall is good.

But never can it be balanced because some people just like to use exploit (such as allying a faction guild with non faction guild) and third party programs to play (such as auto targetting nearest oranges, type of program)

Worst of all, Devs / GMs never do $hits about it even they are aware of the issues for over 1 year.

16. Robert1213

Robert1213 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

what does the allying faction guild do?