1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Gardening] How long does it take for the UO RNG to drop a particular seed type?

Discussion in 'UO Botany and Nutrition' started by DarkVoid, Apr 12, 2010.

1. DarkVoid

DarkVoid Guest

I've been hunting up the colored seeds off bog things/boglings, trying to get some cactus seeds for the new plant crossings. But I've run into a slight snag:

The bog things/boglings now drop 17 (or is it 18?) different varieties of colored seeds instead of the 3 they used to drop!

My question therefore is what are the percentage chances of getting a 'cactus' seed to drop from one of these monsters?

Is it still even possible, or was this fixed and missed by the gardeners?

2. Hrothgard

Hrothgard Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I got the blue cactus seed off the bog things and boglings withing first 1/2 hour of hunting in the swamp last week. The yellow cactus seed was probably within the first 1 1/2 hours.

The red seed took me about 6 - 8 hours of swamp hunting.
    So from my experience I had gotten 3 yellows and about 6-8 blue cactus seeds and 1 red cactus seed during that time period.

I did this just last week so as far as I know nothing has changed.

3. Guido_LS

Guido_LS Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Out of roughly 50 bogling/bog thing collected seeds, I got 1 yellow prickly pear and 1 red barrel cactus. Figure 30-45 minutes total time...

Which should be just about right, I guess - figure it's not just 18 types, but 18 types X4 - plain, red, blue and yellow. So figure your odds are ~1 in 80, or .0125 - just over 1% per kill...

4. Hrothgard

Hrothgard Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Unless I am mistaken the OP was looking for the seeds that when ID'd show as "a blue cactus seed" not prickly pears, not tribarrel, just "color cactus seed". It is random but as stated above it took me several days to get one of each of the three colors.