1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How long will the event go on?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Gheed, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Gheed

Gheed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

So how much time do we have for Halloween? I think untill Feb of next year should be long enough! Also, can I summon the Harbringer after the event is over? Say I just wanted to store yellow crystals and get as much from the rest of the content as I could before the event is over. Could I do that?

2. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Both decent questions. The yellow crystals would make for great guild/shard player-run events.

3. kittykat

kittykat Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

*chuckles*

4. Sakkarah_

Sakkarah_ VIP
    VIP Stratics Veteran

The event will run until November 15 (inclusively). You can summon your harbingers anytime after that (even in a year from now!). Just make sure you turn in all your red crystals because Tomas isn't likely to maintain Halloween stocks after that. He'll be too busy preparing for the Holiday season!

5. Gheed

Gheed Certifiable

:bowdown:

6. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Thank you.

You wouldn't be saying in a sideways way that saved crystals would allow for festive holiday costumes would you? Hmmmmm?

7. Nastia Cross

Nastia Cross Guest

Will the Harbingers summoned after the event is over still have the chance to drop the Conjurer's Garb?

8. Sakkarah_

Sakkarah_ VIP
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Nope, I'm definitely saying do not hold on to red crystals. They will be useless (other than for decoration) after this quest is over! So turn them in and get your costumes. It's not always a bad thing to have a few extras. You never know when they can come in handy :)

Yup!

9. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

LoL Sak. I'm beginning to think they make the Devs go to charms school to learn to be such pleasant teases.

I do have another question, off topic a might. I have seen bags of crystals being vendored of all varieties. I have also heard a rumor (not tested by myself) that crystals will only work for the player that earned them. Any truth to that? Will folks be spending bushels of gold on deco items for themselves?

*edit* answered my own question I think. (always best when possible) Tried to use blue crystals on another char on the same acct, seems to pull up the target cursor just fine, did NOT try yellow crystals. :) Might, on test but that will be a few robes down the line.

10. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie

Are costumes working for limited time frame (like xmas trees) or they will work any day, 12 april for example?

11. shulginist

shulginist Guest

I have bought traded and been given crystals from other people/vendors and they do work.

12. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Thank you!

13. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Interesting. I dropped off a red crystal at my house from one of my characters doing the quests, and picked it up with a diferent character who has not started them - and when they tried to drop it on to Tomas, a message pops up that this isn't their gem (or words to that effect!) and they can't use it....

Whether it's just the red ones that are character specific, or if it's something to do with not having started the quest chain on that character, I have no idea.

14. wanderer1origin

wanderer1origin Lore Master

this is like telling pack rats to only save half the junk in basement :):)

15. Xenobia

Xenobia Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Maybe you have to do the quest to use them. I mean if those other chars on your account had actually done the quest, they could use any crystals from any other player?

16. LordDrago

LordDrago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, the character turning in the red crystals must have completed the quest up through turning in the mucky potion to the hag.

Also note, each character starts off needing onoly 1 crystal to get a costume, so it pays to rn each character through the quest since there is no killing involved needed to get a costume for 1 red crystal.

17. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

yep thats what i did so i only used 14 red crystals to get 14 costumes :)

18. DarkVoid

DarkVoid Guest

Why do you make items that are only useful for Halloween and not items which retain some sort of usefulness other than deco after the event is over?

Think about it this way: Why would you want to design junk into an in-game system?

If these red crystals were resellable for a small amount of gold to gem shop NPCs and could be purchased in small quantities they would maintain their use as house deco for those who want them, and at the same time not become another junk item found at IDOCs everywhere.

Part of your job as a game designer is to think 'What impact would thousads of this item have six, twelve, twenty-four months etc. down the track for our game server backups?' I don't think tossing people items which will only have a single use would do UO any good in the long term.

Please, even if it is after the introductory phase of this item, redesign it so that it is more compatible with the UO system as a whole, and doesn't become another item commonly left to rot at IDOCs.

Cheers ...

DarkVoid

19. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Thanks, I suspected that... now to work out if I want to run any characters through all those steps, or stick to getting 5 red crystals on the main Quest person :)

20. the 4th man

the 4th man Lore Master

Tomas is too late, Walgreens beat him to it with the Christmas decor already.

21. ACB1961

ACB1961 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I did it 27 times. I got it down to 6-7 mins not counting fighting (you don't have to fight on the mules at all.

22. ingsmsico

ingsmsico Visitor

It should end on Nov 1st

23. LordDrago

LordDrago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

What about the gypsies? I have tried to turn in the blue crystals, but each of the gypsies seems to be at full health, and i cannot turn in the blues. Will the gypsies be sticking around for a bit after the th to give people a chance to turn in their blue crystals once the mad rush is over?

24. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Nope.

25. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

You better have 50 by the end if it does happen, since you won't be able to get more :/

26. LordDrago

LordDrago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I have the 50, but I cannot find any of the gypsies that need to be healed, to include Lento or whatever his name is in the Solen Cave, whose bar is 100% red, but does not accept crystals (claims he his healed but his health bar begs to differ)

27. Serine

Serine Guest

If the gypsy dont look like a monster you cant cure it .

28. Lord Gareth

Lord Gareth UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
    Reporter Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran

I hope for Christmas you guys don't use the same luck draw for an item. That wouldn't seem to Holiday cheer like. Unless you all had some bad holiday childhood experiences.

29. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Leto looks like either a gypsy (cured) or a solen (uncured). They should look like the monsters of the area they are in if they need to be cured. To cure them double click the blue gem and target their health bar. Maybe try doing this at an odd time?

30. Deb

Deb Guest

I for one am glad it is the 15th. We had company the past couple weeks
    and could not do the quest till today for the first time. And even though
    there are a lot of stuck sparklies it is not too much of a grind for me since I will
    only do it a few times in a row and then do something else. Then I will
    rinse and repeat each day till it's over.