1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How many accounts do you use?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Flagg, Jan 26, 2013.

?

How many accounts do you usually have active?

1. Only one!

26 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Two accounts

42 vote(s)
    26.9%
  3. Three or four accounts

48 vote(s)
    30.8%
  4. Five or more

40 vote(s)
    25.6%
  1. Flagg

Flagg Sage

Figured it'd be fun to figure out exactly how many accounts people currently playing like to keep open for one reason (housing!) or another(housing!)
    Don't trick your self overly much! If you currently have one account open but in the long run, end up reactivating another on semi active basis, don't settle with " one" ;P

If this thread already exists I appologize.. At least I couldn't find it via google.

2. Flagg

Flagg Sage

Ì tricked myself and picked two. Currenrly have three active but it is only temporary solution I swear!!!
    On average&in the long run when I play UO, I guess I have one account active for like 30% of the time, two accounts for 60% of the time and three..or even four accounts active for 10% of time.

3. Irulia Darkaith

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Well I would say I average two or three accounts. I haven't dropped below two accounts since 2000, and have gone up and down between 2 and 5 paid subscriptions at any given time.

4. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

I have two active. Primarily to have a Crafter & Forager team on Siege, and to be able to dual client a Tamer/Bard team for mugging merchant ships and have two Spellweavers to be able to get a Focus when I want one outside the evening hours on Chessie.

#4 Tanivar, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  5. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

3 full time and 2 that i leap frog that are holding houses on other shards.
    and i have like another 10 that people have left me over the last 15 1/2 years that i can turn on if i need to move a house or whatever.

but 3.
    final answer.
    errr, but i leap frog 2 others, so thats like 1 month on 3 months off so thats 3 months out of the year for each so for 2 thats 6 months so lets go ahead and call that a .5

so 3.5

Arabella likes this.
  6. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

2 at the moment. I set up a second awhile back to have another house but put it on hold quite a bit when I don't need it.

7. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

4 but not sure why, now that I think about it... Really only play two regularly... Don't want to lose the houses on the other 2, and may start rotating those 2 on/off...

8. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Right now I use two accounts, but I will be opening a third one between February and March to try another templates.
    And maybe make my first gargoyle. This is, of course, if for some miracle Stygian Abyss finally show up at Origin store in Brazil.

9. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I had 4 active, now its only 2 since the faction nerf. Soon only to be one, if things keep up the way they are going

10. Blood Ghoul

I have 3 but think I will back it down to 2 as I never use the third account for anything but collecting gifts and such

11. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

6 at the moment as I needed to wake up a char to hold our new GH. As I'm gm for both NEW2 and TDO, I have 6 houses, I however I most play 2 of the chars

Kayhynn and Lord Frodo like this.
  12. Gameboy

Gameboy Sage
    Stratics Veteran UWF

Seeing people have 3+ accounts is crazy to me.

Spiritless likes this.
  13. Surgeries

Surgeries Grand Poobah

I have three I pay for, with two with all active characters. The third account has a beggar and a thief, and holds my Luna house from when I bought that like six years ago.

14. Gameboy

Gameboy Sage
    Stratics Veteran UWF

I only have one account, granted it is only 54 months old which is like being a new born baby compared to some accounts. For me I could see me shard hopping but I will not have more then one :)

15. Ken of Napa

Stratics Veteran

I'm down to 3 accounts that are open. Since the last week is the first time I've really even logged in for the last six months, I'm not sure they could be considered "active".
    At one time I had 12 accounts open, with playable characters on all of them. The youngest account I currently have open is 158 months, it has 20 unchosen vet rewards and when it turns 14 years I plan to get shard shields and do a lot of traveling ;)

Arabella and Lord Frodo like this.
  16. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

I keep 4 going. 1 is for my GF to play on all the toons I had on it were wiped, or she reworked all the skills herself. 2 I play on regularly, the last one is to maintain a house in Felucca that is irreplaceable in terms of the game since the pre-built design isn't available anymore.

There are a lot of reasons people have more than one active account, not all have to do with how many they actually play.

17. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

own 53 at most I try to keep it under 47 on.... but well........................... Yes I play them all good gravy I am so use to having my crew when they go off I get grumpy... cause I cant use the one I need. Go figure .... Yes its crazy , I know I spend way too much on UO.... I am hooked lined and sunk with uo... I admit it.... Happy?

hehe yep

18. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Wow! 53 all active? or if not how many active at one time.

19. csagent108

csagent108 Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Two, one of which was inherited from a friend who quit. I don't play as much as before but will continue to pay them because of the houses. The houses are nothing spectacular, just an 18x18 and a 7x7, but it makes me happy to know they are there.

Gameboy likes this.
  20. Gameboy

Gameboy Sage
    Stratics Veteran UWF

wow. It's all I can say.

21. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

4, but they're shared with my hubby. We started back in 2k with one shared between us, taking turns to play

LordDrago likes this.
  22. LordDrago

LordDrago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Shared account with hubby? A nice strong marriage to survive that I must say! :)

hmmmm...wonder what the neighbors thought!!!! "That is MY DRAGON, NOT YOURS!!!!!" :)

Where is my armor? What did you do with my armor. How am I going to fight demons without my armor!!!! :)

Rhiannon likes this.
  23. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor

My old main account had fully done charcters on most shards that was worth playing. Not just one char but 4 to 5 on each shard fully suited and ready to go. Made it easier if I wanted to farm shards that had lower popultation or play time so if one shard was dead aI could just jump on another

24. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

heheh We share the accounts, not the characters. On our original account I had 2 characters, he had 3. We married in 1978

LordDrago likes this.
  25. Gameboy

Gameboy Sage
    Stratics Veteran UWF

I was 4 in 1978 :)

26. Ken of Napa

Stratics Veteran

I always wished that I could get my wife to try UO. We were married in 1973, celebrate our 40th Anniv this year on a med cruise ;)

27. Eaerendil

Eaerendil Younger than Kelmo, but also in the way...
    Professional Governor Stratics Veteran King'sYewHighlanders

3 accounts, one shared with my wife. playing about 6-7 chars of on a weekly basis. Only 3-4 chars are never used. Have houses on all three accounts, even though it would be cleverer to have one free for IDOCs :gee:... But I have one castle, one Luna-House and a wonderfully decorated cottage on Marble Island and I love using all three houses for different reasons...

28. THP

THP Stratics Legend

one....ive had /used over 80/90 ...still.... but thats another story

#28 THP, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  29. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

9.... I had 1 to start..... got another so my Son and I could both have a house... I needed a bigger one ... (ours were grandfathered)..... Then.... I inherited 3 turned one off... started another after AoS just to hold a house temporarily..... I think it turned permanent soon after.... never turned it back off...

Then I got another that I liked the characters and age of the account .... Then I quit lost one..... gained 2 more.... And just in the last 3 or 4 years I got another one I seem to have inherited.... and for several years I only turned it on every so often to hold a house for a short time... but now it too has become on more than off.....

And Yes I have 7 characters on all the accounts and I use most all of them.

30. Gameboy

Gameboy Sage
    Stratics Veteran UWF

That's just awesome!! Congrats!!

31. Gameboy

Gameboy Sage
    Stratics Veteran UWF

If people could transfer characters from one account to another, like in WoW would people close an accounts?

32. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

No..... I need the housing and storage.

33. Specialshoes

Stratics Veteran

I voted one. As of this morning one that is. I am desperately hoping for something to pull me back in but the spell is breaking.

34. DarkWolf

DarkWolf Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

2 accounts. mainly play only 1, but will be working on the 2nd one to try out some new templates.

35. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Well, that's like 312 total accounts or so.....

36. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni TnT/TnA

Back up to three already. Wife runs another on Atlantic.

37. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

so I guess we have at least 100 people playing UO ;P

I can't imagine running five or more accounts...other than for houses, I suppose. hm. a soul stone costs $10, a new account gives you I guess 6 chars? and costs $10 a month (6 months)...or is still 5 chars? ... let's say it's 5 chars, that's 30 skills...or $300 in soul stones...$300 is two and a half years @ $10 per...6 chars is 36 skills, or $360, and $360 is three years @ $10...7 chars cost $20, that's 42 skills or $420...three and a half years @ $10...hmm.

38. MalagAste

Not only do I have 9 accounts but all of them are current up thru SA..... I only bought one Gothic/Rustic pack..... since I was "boycotting" and still am the unfinished packs..... ie no roof tiles or doors or floors come with the packs and REALLY they could have EASILY recolored tiles for roofs and floors to match.... but I'm not bitter.... (lies)..... but it could have been done...

Anyway... All of them have 7 characters almost on my own shard..... many have at least 5 on every shard and they all have at least 1 on each shard.

Now mind you most the characters on shards I don't play don't have much by way of skills.... but some do.

I'm still not buying the Gothic/Rustic packs to finish up my accounts unless they do something to "finish" them....

But most of my accounts have an "extra" character on them I use that I keep the points low on for skills training ... since we all know when your skills are low you gain better..... so I train skills on skill training characters and move them to soulstones for my other characters on that account to use... I also have "RPish" characters that only live for awhile and are for such roles as fodder for the killing, slaves to be traded and killed and whatnot... they often die off and are recreated as someone totally new depending on the need... so I keep a few spots open for that.

And I try very hard to at least once or twice a week (when there is no current event arcs I need to concentrate on) to log in each char on each account and get my .1 gains.... on my own shard.... Then when I'm really bored and no one is around and I'm not in the midst of a deco project or something I log into other shards and either RP around as someone or something ..... or work on a character at random....

39. Lug

Lug Lore Master

I'm finally down to two castle holding accounts. I had three but one fell a few years ago. My goal is to consolidate all my items into one castle and then sell the empty one. At one point I had nine house holding accounts across two shards.

40. Thrakkar

Thrakkar Slightly Crazed

Calculated over a year 1/6 to 1/4 account :p
    Just paying 2-3 months per year...

I'd check back more often if I could just log in for a day or two. But paying a full month for just 3-4 days is a waste of money IMHO.

41. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor

Two accounts. But I'm not playing a huge amount in 2013 at present.

42. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed

Currently I have 11 accounts open. 5 are permanent, the remaining accounts will have to go into gamble mode (eventually two or three more, still have to calculate).
    4 holding houses on Drachenfels, one on Europe, one on Legends, one Catskills, one Siege, one Origin, one Atlantic and one is still houseless, but ready to take over the house from an exRTB account without any significant age and currently serving for temporary plots.

43. Mr. Plod

Mr. Plod Journeyman

Ill be there with you at the end, which is hopefully never, but just sayin ;D

44. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

I have three accounts, my fiancee has one. I use them all indiscriminately.

45. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

12 accounts / 10 inactive...have about 60 worked/scrolled characters a bunch of older stuff on them..account ages vary from 6-14 years except for one that is at 3 and will probably never change :/..

46. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I have three and use them all.

47. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie

Been riding at 4 accounts for the last year or so.. One's for my Siege house and the other three are on Cats.

48. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Hey Ludes. Ya might want to take a look around on Siege. Lots of nice spots opening up. You might consider moving your dedicated Siege account before... well you know. :eyes:

49. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

And with her cute accent to boot. This one had me laughing out loud. Scared my cats. Tell him like it is, Petra! I actually envy couples who share this particular passion (obsession?). When I talk about UO, my ever supportive husband gets this glazed look on his face that tells me he's working poker hands in his head while I describe something that happened while taking a stroll through Makoto last weekend.

50. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

Well Ludes he is right ............ i have seen some prime realistate open up... who knows what will be left after the dev free up placement.... that is unless... Mesanna and the dev take a look arond what is left of the main production shards and see how much open space ...... Let me clairify this....MASSIVE open space she and her dillegent crew made. I have never seen Napa or any of the other shards this barren in ether Fel or Tram. We dont need fresh meat for slaughter my fellow UO fans... we need a few WHOLE COWS!!!!
    Metaphor guys for we need people.... Atlantic could give up a few back to their home shards.... or we need to make a big push to get more in.