1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Tinkering] How many ingots to train 40-100?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Obsidian, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I've never trained tinkering. I'm going to start today or tomorrow. The FAQ updated in 2008 says it will take between 15K - 20K ingots. Is this still correct?

Thanks! I'm planning to stockpile first before training and want a rough wag on how much I need to procure.

-OBSIDIAN-

2. TheMac

TheMac Guest

I think 15-20k is about right, I just trained mine up and I dont think it even took that much. Just make sure your crafting the right stuff, most of the stuff you craft will only cost about 1-4 ingots a peice.

3. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Then there is crafting to fill Heartwood quest to get more out of training.

There is also this stuff called wood.

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

If you use lockpicks to train, suggest you get someone to help your tinker do the friend of the library quest, and donate to the Thief collection on the second floor.

If you use wind chimes after that, you'll want to make the type that the trinket weavers want for the quest in Heartwood.

5. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Thanks. I will probably train as quickly as possible. My biggest need is to get to GM so I can alter glasses for my gargoyle characters. I'll work heartwood quests when I have time after that.

-OBSIDIAN-