1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] How many of you prefer a Raffle over Just normally Selling items?

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Dan123The123Man, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Dan123The123Man

Dan123The123Man Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I was wanting to see how many of you out there prefer buying items through a Raffle rather then for the full price, and how many of you prefer buying for the full price instead of going through a Raffle.

2. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

I preffer Auction. The Raffle was fun for a very big ticked item like Manticore's house Raffle. Normal rares I would rather just buy or bid on

3. Athelas

Athelas Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Raffles can be fun and all, I'm not against them. But that is more of a gamble than really making a purchase. I don't think anyone enjoys paying full price for an item, but I've never been opposed to having to overpay for items I really want.

It is sort of a weird comparison as the two are totally different things, but I prefer straight sales and auctions.

4. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Very few people are trustworthy enough to run a raffle IMO

5. Restless

Restless Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

i enjoy the excitement of the possibility of a great deal through a raffle, but i dislike the eventual letdown :/

6. lupushor

lupushor Guest

I never bought a raffle ticket, as i never play the lottery either. I work hard, earn my money, buy the item i like, then enjoy it.

7. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I prefer the old school offer until the owner likes the price method. Frankly, it just always seemed a lot less artificial to me that way.