1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

How many patches with a clean ML install?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by davebobbit, May 10, 2009.

1. davebobbit

davebobbit Guest

Its been a year or more since i logged in and will have to download a new client. I only want to log in to check if my house and stuff is all still there, so im not that bothered about which client i use. I do however want to minimise the bandwidth that I use to do this.

Does anyone know roughly how many MB (or GB!) i will require to download all the patches to bring the Mondain's Legacy client up to date?

It's either that or the new 3D client, which I imagine is a few GB?

2. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Mar 18, 2003
    If its been a year, the only thing(s) that are there, are your characters and whatever items they had in their backpacks/bankbox/stables...Your house(s) are long gone...well, they're at least 8 months gone...

And to stay on topic, a lot of patches...
  3. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

May 26, 2008

A Whole Bunch of patches...don't be in a rush to log in :p
  4. davebobbit

davebobbit Guest

I have been paying my account all this time, so im hoping everything is still there! Thats what the community told me before I left anyway...

Anyway, does anyone know if there is a list of patches that contains the size in MB of each one? I dont think the regular patch notes include that info :(

5. Dragonchilde

Dragonchilde Guest

If you have been paying for your accounts, and your houses are not grandfathered (that is, have to be refreshed manually by opening the door) then they will still be there.

If you have the standard one-house-per-account thing, and you've been paying for your account, then it should still be there. houses like that are automatically refreshed, and will be there when you log in.

They only start to decay roughly three months after you stop paying for the account.
  6. Clarifier

Clarifier Guest

Just FYI, grandfathered houses don't have to be refreshed either. :)
  7. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

May 16, 2008
    :danceb: *yay for patches!* :danceb:
  8. Teeshy

Teeshy Guest

Actually there is somewhere I think, on UOGuide - I'll try find it later today when I can get back online =)

*edits* I was wrong, or at least, I can't find it =(

Here is a list of all the patches, so you can at least see how many there is between where you are, and now =)
  9. Farscape

Farscape Guest

More patches than disk space feel like first Aid:p
  10. davebobbit

davebobbit Guest

Thanks for your replies everyone.

I actually just dived in and went for it with the 2d download from the Mondains Legacy web site.

I was pleasantly suprised to see that when I started installing it, it was actually a 9th Anniversary edition download - not the original ML one. There were only 12 patches in total after I installed it, totalling well under 100MB, bringing it up to version

So just in case this is useful to anyone else, The full bandwidth used was around 750mb, including the installation file and patches.

Edit: PS. yeah all my stuff was still there! *breathes a sigh of relief*
  11. Arch Magus

Arch Magus Guest

12. SevenFaith

SevenFaith Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Aug 30, 2004
    Took me about 10 mins to patch from the ML client.