1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How many players r there on Siege?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Anal_Ferret, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Anal_Ferret

Anal_Ferret Visitor

I've been running here and there, seen a lot of houses, but in several hours met only 1 player (called smth like Racoon or Raxxoon, pk, who killed and looted me)
    :sad4:

I wonder, where r all the players?
    and what GMT time r most of em playing?

2. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Well, I´m one.

Oh, and you mean RoXxOr. I ran into him earlier today as well. I had to fight the lag monster and him at the same time.

Needless to say they both won... :sad4:

3. Anal_Ferret

Anal_Ferret Visitor

suppose u r right.
    that was roxxor.
    coz raccoons are cute and friendly.. and that one was a pk and newbie looter =(

4. there arent a lot of people on siege, but the people there are form a tight nit community, and yes roxxor is a pk, and on top of that super huge newbie.... nbd... siege is formed around pk'ing and pvping. this is the main reason people come to siege. if you look around the right places you will find people. they are there, you just have to find them.

5. ScottishHero

ScottishHero Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Ive also just came to Siege, however i think ive hardly seen anyone because ive been training and unable to go to any hot spots...yet!

6. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

*pokes the scottish guy* Hey, I saw you and said hello, but you ignorzered me *crys*

7. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

I think you missed out some letters in the middle of the P and the K there...

Anyways, yes I see people in all kinds of places on Siege, although I generally play not much past 7pm EST. I even had an actual conversation with someone today :p

8. ScottishHero

ScottishHero Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

The "better half" has me on a tight leash.

:(

9. quazion

quazion Guest

GMT? U Europian? Most Siege players are from the US or that timezone.
    Personaly i am from The Netherlands GMT+1, there are times the server is nearly empty, but always some folks on though.

10. ScottishHero

ScottishHero Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Agreed playing in the UK is a disadvantage for us, but there is still people on, just not at Luna bank 24/7

11. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Id say roughly 150 at peak times and 50 average. ;)

12. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

You just gotta push the line every time don't you. Maybe you could spend some time on a forum for a game that you like and cut us a break?

I'm getting a little tired of warnings for this stuff. Consider this the last public warning.

For the original poster - Siege is made up of a smaller player base but some very good quality players. Your best bet is joining NEW for now and then hooking up with a guild that suits your playstyle.

I can get online anytime of the day and find someone to hunt with or to fight, there are a lot of UK players here.

13. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

So let me get this right, I cant post the actual real number because its me bashing siege, so when i post a higher number to try to get people to come here. I get in trouble... I dont get it? I fixed my post Im sorry, Im sure my numbers are much mroe accurate now, I just dont know if it will be as appealing to someone just starting out here is all.

14. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

That is really the only true part of your post...

15. HaHa

HaHa Guest

[YOUTUBE]xfnm2gk9ZxE[/YOUTUBE]

16. Anal_Ferret

Anal_Ferret Visitor

Im from GMT+3 timezone (Russia)

met quite few ppl, but ran into Racc(xx)oon(r) twice this night. Just woke up and found myself a ghost =)

17. Ferret or Scottish Hero (I'm a RL Glaswegian myself) if either or both of you want to join NEW, just go to Luna bank, Jhelom bank, West Brit bank or the East Brit Inn and you'll find a locked down book telling you how to contact NEW in the event you don't meet anyone who can give you the info. There's one in Delucia by the bank as well.

Thanks to Alcor and Ellandor I don't need to run around dropping books all over the joint anymore.

Welcome to Siege.

18. Anal_Ferret

Anal_Ferret Visitor

cant reach Elaine in the ICQ =(

19. Nickster

Nickster Guest

hi there,
    I play on GMT, must just have been unlucky as there are usually plenty of victims.... i mean players that are online.... I hear you reffer to yourself as a noob :) i have a "Noob Assistance" program that i follow, a new player joins and to help them get started i donate some gold and items, If you join NEW thats a good idea too, most players will respect the guild tag and not kill you and stuff, PM me and when i am on next i will hook you up with some gold and some items to help you in your chosen proffesion. i won't make you rich but will thow 50k your way to get you off the ground.

Regards
    Nickster

20. ScottishHero

ScottishHero Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks Shalimar but I found my way into the loving hands of Chad...ill never be the same again!

Glaswegian you say...no ones perfect ;0

21. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Cheeky bugger!

22. Nickster

Nickster Guest

Hi there fellow guild member, i am guessing you are still in a yellow robe :) is it Angus by any chance??

23. ScottishHero

ScottishHero Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Have at thee Nickster!

You've blown my cover, now everyone will know!

24. Nickster

Nickster Guest

trust me, they will all know soon enough anyway :) Scottish hero... posted you hanging with chad... Char name Angus :) i am petarded and i worked it out haha.

drop me your icq and i will sort you out with some gold (standard donation i do to new players is 50k and a bag of goodies, your a guild member so you will get more) and friend you to my house as soon as i see you ingame! Its at the top of barter town, PM me your temp and i will sort you some jewelry and armour out as well....

if you need any help getting episodes together then i will help there too.

My Char is Jackal by the way :)

if your doing your job they will ALL know your name :)

25. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

I worked out who he was weeks ago =P

26. Phaheela

Phaheela Guest

Nice to see someone else on siege who is not just GMT but from Scotland !

Yeah it does get a bit quiet for us on siege, but there's always some folks around, albeit, plenty that you'd rather not run into.

27. Ally Oop

Ally Oop Guest

There are a lot of people on Siege. I and a few of our crony's came over from Catskills a few monts ago and have taken up residence here. You will find that a lot of people here are of the stealthy type. We are here but you wont see us making our way from here to there.

28. ScottishHero

ScottishHero Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

29. Tairon

Tairon Guest

Sometimes I miss HAHA!

30. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

A quiet Cat ? that's what they call a paradox !

31. You reached me before you started playing, I seem to remember chatting with you in icq for hours one day, although for some reason icq wouldn't let me add you so I don't have your name/number listed.

Try icqing one of the other helpers or ask someone to contact one of us for you when you're on, if you haven't found a guild yet.

32. You'll be getting a Glasgow kiss, ya wee nyaff.

33. ScottishHero

ScottishHero Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Woot, finally some action!

34. Blingy

Blingy Guest

You can say what you want but it sure is less ppl playing now.

I run some vendors in Makoto and had a hard time restock for 7-8months agow, now I am lucky when stuff sells.