1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How many times can a pet be transfered?

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Katrena, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Katrena

Katrena Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

There use to be a limit on the number of owners that a pet could have. It seems like after a pet was transfered 4 times, it could not be transfered again. Also, each time a pet was transfered, it became harder to command. The way to get around this was to release and retame the animal. Is this limit of owners still in the game?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I just came upon a pet that went wild and gave me the "This pet has had too many masters" message when I tried to tame it so I imagine so. I don't recall the maximum number, though...

3. You can transfer a pet as many times as you like. Long ago, they would get harder to control the more times they where transfered. That was removed. A released pet is a different story and it depends on how high your taming is on whether it can be tamed by you. I've come across wild cus that my 110 tamer got the "this pet has had to many masters..." message but my 120 tamer could try and tame it. There is a max number of owners though before no one but a previous owner can tame it.

If I remember right, taming difficulty goes up 5 points every time a pet is tamed or retamed (except by a previous owner).

4. Katrena

Katrena Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Thanks for the reply. I now have my new dog in the stable waiting to bond.