1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How many town establishments do we have?

Discussion in 'UO Lake Superior' started by AirmidCecht, Sep 1, 2011.

1. AirmidCecht

AirmidCecht twitch.tv/airmid
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Hey guys,

I'm wondering how many guild or player created towns we have on Lake Superior?

How many have applied for village/town establishments?

2. EM Autolycus

EM Autolycus UO Event Moderator
    UO Event Moderator Stratics Veteran

Gra'Knobs, an orc village in Fel, and Serpent Isle (Tram) are the only two current town establishments. Teleporters to their towns can be found in the Mage Tower. We are hoping to make Gra'Knobs the center of an upcoming event (involving orcs, of course!).

Unfortunately, it was like pulling teeth getting their banners built. But the process has been streamlined a bit, since. So there wont be as much pain getting it done.

Another Fel one has begun the process, and I've been eagerly awaiting word from them... while our very original applicant from the start of the program hasn't yet got back to us with a banner design. :/

3. AirmidCecht

AirmidCecht twitch.tv/airmid
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I know you have the guidelines listed on your EM Website but can you list them here too for a bit of discussion?

4. EM Autolycus

EM Autolycus UO Event Moderator
    UO Event Moderator Stratics Veteran

Well, we generally require that a starting town have at least 5 houses. They must all be located close together, share a similar theme, and be accessible to the public.

A town must either take on an RP theme of some sort, which opens them up to possible events (this is the case with Serpent Isle and Gra'Knobs), or they must take the "community route", and in some way be of service to the people of LS.

Once we approve a town, they may submit a design for a "banner". Basically, a structure to represent their town. This shouldn't take up more than a 6x6 area of dry land, so as not to block potential house placement. However, consideration for more complex structures will be given for larger towns.

As I type this, I realize our page on the LS EM Site should be updated a bit. :mf_prop:

5. Shamus Turlough

Shamus Turlough Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

We used to have a guild town. It consisted of about 25 houses, including a guild house, a guild 'bank', an arena, and a guild meeting hall. All except a couple were adjacent.