1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Chivalry] How much Chivalry?

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Obsidian, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Now that it appears the Chivalry changes are shaping up in Pub 71, how much do you intend to squeeze into your PvM templates. Right now I intend to go to 80, but I do want to test the benefits of EOO at 100 Chiv. I normally use perfection and a slayer so I don't think there will be a significant advantage.

For a basic sampire, I'm thinking:
    120 Weapon
    120 Bushido
    100 Parrying (or healing)
    100 Tactics
    100 Anatomy
    99 Necro
    81 Chivalry

For a Wraith Thrower (or Wammy), I'm thinking:
    120 Throwing (or Melee Weapon)
    120 Bushido
    100 Tactics
    100 Anatomy
    100 Healing
    80 Chivalry
    60 Spirit Speak
    40 Necromancy

For a Mystic Dexxer, I'm thinking:
    120 Weapon
    120 Mysticism
    120 Focus
    100 Tactics
    90 Anatomy
    90 Healing
    80 Chivalry

Those are the primary PvM chars I use. Do you think 80 Chiv will be enough?

-OBSIDIAN-

2. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

For consecrating weapons, it's enough.
    For enemy of one, I'm not sure. I'd have to get into more math than I want to do now to know for sure, but I feel that 80 will be acceptable (if the damage multiplier doesn't change from what has been previously reported).

Me, I'm not changing a thing... but my mystic dexxer and throwing whammy already have 80 chivalry, and my no-longer-a-sampire (dropped necro for... nothing!) relied on slayer weapons and perfection to get to close-enough-to-max damage while dropping chivalry entirely and using armor ignores. (for those non-slayer monsters, the throwing-whammy makes them all pretty easy).

3. Nasir k

Nasir k Visitor

at best i can get my guy to 90 with imbued jewels.. this change is silly not well thought out and hurts the game. i fear the pvm dexxer of any consequences is as dead and buried as the provoker.i hate when they punish people for a template that has no bearing what so ever on other players other than they are jealous that your character is successful and well thought out. this is one of the least thought out changes yet. i am sure they will lose subscribers over this one. heck, maybe that's the point? absolutely ridiculous to nerf a pvm template this way. boo to uo for this one.

4. kRUXCg7

kRUXCg7 Sage

There were many voices among the players that do want PvM templates to be nerfed. Lots of voices for enforcement of group playing. I am particularly not happy. My shard is empty most of the time, even at peak hours, so how exactly do I find a group... :dunce:

(and no, I am neither willing to pay 7 * $$$ for character transfer, and no, I am not willing to train new characters from scratch again and no, I am not willing to accept my ping to Atlantic)

5. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I hope try Medusa on test with varying degrees of chivalry. I did try some of the named bosses in Bedlam at just 65 chivalry and it kinda sucked but was still doable. That combined with the higher mana cost for lightning strike, I know I'll need to rework my suit suit to include more mana regen, mana increase or lmc. I have my doubts if 80 chiv will be enough. Maybe with maxxed out karma it will be and if you use elemental weapons rather than relying on consecrate weapon. If others are testing this, please post your results. :)

6. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable

I stand corrected, my character has 80 chiv, not 65. The full template is 120 fencing, 120 bushido, 100 anat, 100 tactics, 100 healing, 100 necro, 80 chiv. I use a leafblade as my weapon of choice. I attempted Medusa today on Test Center. I died, but it was due to my maco to switch weapons didn't work, and it took me a bit to realize I was empty handed, and I also didn't have a trapped box with me. After I died and my swampy died I didn't want to fool with it anymore.

I think I could have soloed it until the end if I was a little better prepared. Medusa is considered one of the easier bosses so take it as you wish. It seems like I had to cast chiv spells more frequently and lack of mana was a big problem and I never had that issue before this change.

I will need to build another suit and possibly take another look at my weapons. The fight seems like it may take longer now too, so more gorgon lenses will probably be needed. I'm not happy, but I'm not devastated like I was when the changes were first announced.

7. chester rockwell

chester rockwell Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

shellybean, 40lmc (works in multiples of 10), mana increase, and max mana leech on ur wpn. you should be fine. mr is a waste to me.

8. Saint of Killers

Stratics Veteran

Untrue.

9. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Do you have 100% elemental weapons?

60 is fine.

The stamina refresh from Divine Fury may be low, but just use stamina leech and/or total refresh pots.

Enemy of One works as it does currently, just with a lower duration (still 2 minutes at 17k or so karma if I remember right), and Divine Fury is just about the same, minus the stam refresh.

10. Goldberg-Chessy

Goldberg-Chessy Crazed Zealot

Punish? Who honestly believes the Dev's are trying to punish pvmer's?
    Thats just plain uneducated & silly.

Sampires & Pvmer's in general are still seriously powerful & anyone with average knowledge of game mechanics & gear can solo a ton of extremely lucrative high-end monsters.

The Chiv changes have not affected my insanely powerful Sampire one bit. Whats your point?

Bottom line is changes affect all templates. It appears to be absolutely unavoidable. If you have played this game more then 10 minutes you should be able to figure this out.
    But why would anyone want to be reasonable & do that when they can just come here 10 minutes after a new patch and scream & rant before they have any real clue how the changes will affect gameplay over the long run?

startle likes this.
  11. Zyron

Zyron Guest

my char isnt maxxed 120s yet but im running 100 chiv right now, ill go kill some stuff and ill do my report once im done
    right now im at
    115 swords
    115 bush
    100 tactics
    100 chiv
    115 parry (lowering)
    99 necro
    80 anatomy (raising to 100)

12. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Did a few spawns and killed a harry on my rebuilt template, sacrificing parry to 60 to allow chiv up to 96 and damage output is just as good as it was before. Only difference is I dropped from 30% parry chance to 20%... so no real impact.

At 96 Chiv you get the 50% dmg bonus with EoO, which is what you got before they messed with it. You get a 3% dmg bump from consecrate wep according to the icon, which I haven't even noticed an increase. You have 100% for the wep to hit the lowest resist at 96 as well.

Really this change was a minor inconvenience for me to switch my skills around slightly.

However on my LJ sampire its a different story.. dropping Bushido to 80 and chiv up to 96, since I can't drop LJ 40 points. Haven't done any champs but will update once I do.

13. Obsidian

Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I haven't adjusted chiv on my sampire yet, but I am enjoying my wraith thrower with 100 chiv now. I'm going to try to put 100 on my sampire as well.

Interesting, Lynk said he had 50% EOO and 3 DI increase at 96 Chiv. I have 50% EOO and 5 DI increase at 100. I wonder if 90 is the sweet spot with 50% EOO and 0 DI. If so, that's where I want to be.

-OBSIDIAN-

14. Dorinda

Dorinda Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

why would you rather use that character than a Sampire?

15. Khoga

Khoga Guest

Obsidian - they have stated that the cut off for Chiv for % chance to attack lowest armor with CW is 90 skill. Every skill point above 90 is skill/2 extra dmg. So at 100 you get 5 DI, 110 you get 10 DI, and 120 you get 15DI.

16. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I thought 80 chivalry gave 100% chance to target lowest resist.

17. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I do believe 80 gives you 100% to hit the lowest resist on Concecrate Weapon according to this:

Consecrate Weapon

Consecrate Weapon no longer guarantees damage against a target’s weakest resist. Concecrate weapon now provides a scaling chance to do damage against the targets weakest resist type. At 90+ Chivalry, consecrate weapon will also offer a damage increase in addition to optimal damage type. Effect is now 100% Chance at 80 Chivalry. Scale is approximately 50% Chance at 50 Chivalry.

18. Khoga

Khoga Guest

Sorry - what I meant to say was the damage increase starts at 90 skill. The following is what Logrus posted in the test center chivalry thread....

For Consecrate damage: 1% Bonus damage per 2 points in Chivalry above 90. So 5% at 100 Chiv, 10% at 110 Chiv, 15% at 120 Chiv. Also with the Change to the way the durations are calculated, all durations have a higher cap for the chivalry abilities. Also a higher cap for healing. Remove curse also a little bit more karma friendly.

19. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I still haven't decided what skill level I want to take my Chiv to.

I am thinking about seeing what the effect of about 15k karma has at each 5 points of Chiv and going from there.

20. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Because a wraith thrower is the top damaging character in the game.

21. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Allegedly.

22. Zyron

Zyron Guest

100 chiv has been working out well for me as well, im still in the process of lowering my parry and raising my anatomy. i wanted to get my intelligence up and accidentally lowered my dex to 36 LMAO. so im raising that back up.

One thing im noticing is, im leeching everything fine, except mana. I can run through about 7 AI's until i start running out of mana, which doesnt seem right. I have only been fighting navery for now, but whats the deal? My wep is a Longsword with 50 ML and AI at 171.

23. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Playing a Sampire (Swords, fencing, macer), whammy (throwing/archery/melee), necro nuke mage (max SDI), ABC and a mage sw'ing tamer...... unless there is something outside of those.... Yes, a whammy thrower outdamages all of those.

24. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

In terms of straight DPS, an ornate does more damage, but when you take into account armor, a soul glaive has Armor Ignore. And with a whammy, you just chain AI.

25. Obsidian

Yes, I have been using my wraith thrower for Navrey and other slow moving bosses (i.e. Slasher, Rikktor, etc). I find I can outdamage most at Navrey using AI on the Thrower. And I also got sick of being killed by the rocks when someone triggered them when I was webbed (which seemed to happen more often than not).

My sampire is next on the list to tweak. I'm still debating 80, 90, or 100 chiv. I think I can get by with 100 bushido as I never LS anymore... it's all AI provided I have the mana. Gonna test that as well.

-OBSIDIAN-

26. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

My Macer/Pally (Not a Sampire or Whammy) has 80.0 Real Chiv, and his EoO has +50% Damage, and his Con Wep has 100% Proc Chance, and 0% Bonus Damage. Oddly enough, when i put on my Sign of Order, and go up to 90.0 Chiv, none of those change. He's at 26k Karma.

27. Obsidian

When you mouse over the icon for EOO, nothing changes for me at different skills. It still says 50%. I think this must be a mistake as Logrus posted in a different thread that there are very real changes to the EOO damage increases. Read this: http://vboards.stratics.com/1990615-post9.html.

So you get the 100% chance for CW to give you the best elemental damage type at 80 CW. But you don't get to what we had before the pub with EOO damage until you get to 100 Chiv.

-OBSIDIAN-

28. Klapauc

Klapauc Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Eoo icon does not show the real numbers until you attack something.

29. Obsidian

Ah ha! Let me check that.

30. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Oh, hell... I guess I may need to raise chivalry after all.

31. Zyron

Zyron Guest

idd appreciate a response to this, although it is off topic, sorry :thumbup:

32. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I'm not sure there. I've gone to Navrey and been out of mana after two AIs, and also run out after around ten. War Axe with 60 mana leech. It's just the RNG being ass.