1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

How much Leather to Legendary?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Rocklin, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Rocklin

Rocklin Guest

I asked this in the crafters forum without any replies this evening. Ballpark, how much leather does it take to go from 109.6 skill to 120? I am thinking 30k or so. Any thoughts?
  2. Arch Magus

Arch Magus Guest

I'm going to guess a lot of leather.
  3. Maggie

Maggie Guest

I m thinking I made it to 120 with no leather. Discorded in twisted weild making oil cloth, tabi and ninja hoods.
  4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    Cloth ninja hoods stop giving gains at 115.0 skill - they are good for Library points though (as are the leather ninja hoods, which are better for gains as the studded hiro sode some use, just at a higher leather cost).

Whether I'd get discoed to train with them in the Weald is another matter - I've been seeing Irk teleport INTO the Swoop/Champ Spawn area (including the lower desert) from the Swamp side on an all-too-common frequency lately - something that isn't supposed to happen (and yes, I saw it in the swamp before it jumped over, so it didn't just follow someone back from the Dreadhorn key dropoff).
  5. gunneroforgin

gunneroforgin Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

May 21, 2008
    I made studded leather dos until i made legendary tailor. but anything that needs 90 or better tailoring skill will work. BTW it will take a lot more thatn 30k leather to make legendary, it will take that much just to make gm.
  6. It should not take any leather to make GM. You can make oil cloths until at least 105.
  7. From a little over GM to 120, it took me about 100k leather.
  8. I had this happen just a few days ago. Irk targeted me while it was near the key drop area while I was in the champ spawn area. It teleported over the rock wall and came after me. It's the first time I've seen that happen.
  9. WildWobble

WildWobble Sage
    Stratics Veteran

May 21, 2008
    Unless you just want best bod chances i would say leave it at 109 and go champ spawning get sots for it and better rewards in total doing the spawns :p 108 to 120 tailor in sots for me :)
  10. Tailoring 117.5, got a .4 gain today doing ninja hoods, used about 3000 pieces of leather.
  11. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jul 15, 2005