1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How much should I charge for imbuing services?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Thoronnar, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Thoronnar

Thoronnar Journeyman

Well that... I have a crafter with 120 Imbuing, I was wondering how much should I charge for imbuing services after raw materials. Say someone wants a ring that costs an estimate of 5 mil in raw materials. How much should I charge for my services?

2. drcossack

drcossack Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Usually, if I need stuff imbued, the people don't ask for more, since the materials are expensive enough.

However, this likely varies from shard to shard & person to person.

3. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

4. Restless

Restless Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I craft stuff for people fairly regularly, when i do i always just quote the material cost and let them tip as they choose. People normally tip pretty generously, such as 1-3mil per piece unless they just want something simple with a couple mods

Captn Norrington, Lord Frodo and DJAd like this.
  5. Merlin

Merlin The Enchanter
    Moderator Professional Campaign Patron UWF

If it's something that takes 10 minutes... cost of materials with maybe a small mark up.

If you're doing a full suit or a very particular piece that's taking multiple hours and a lot of brain power put into calculating what is needed... you certainly should make sure you're well paid with a fair mark up.

6. Thoronnar

Thoronnar Journeyman

That's about how much I was thinking. I did it a few times about a year ago for a friend and he tipped me about that much. I offered to do it for free of course if he provided the materials, but he didn't want to go through that. It'll be silly to offer your services for free (unless you're making something simple, or helping a noob). But looking for the materials and working through the calculations, you have to charge something.... If someone comes to me with the materials, and asks me to mod something I obviously don't charge.

7. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

The way it use to work back in the day was cost of material plus tips and could you please tell me which ring costs 5M in material to make.

8. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Most people that want hard to make items already know that and tip accordly.